• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

What size line do you guys use for rigging? I have .O07 and .010 inch diameter line.

Ah, I see, I understand your worry about CA verse solder but your weakest point will be the line attaching it.

Interesting problem. I got some eyelets from Gaspatch that would lend well to this but I don't know how the line would attach, these eyelets are to be inserted into a hole on a surface. The question that needs to be answered is how those three cables were linked?

You can clearly see the eyelet joined but what joined them, a loop? Think I would take three lines, loop and eyelet at the end of each one and join them with a....something.

I use the E-Z-Line from Berkshire Junction. .25 dia.
http://www.berkshirejunction.com/ezline.html

I am steering away from EZ line on this build. Using mono to help with the strength of the wings. I have read that the wings are too flimsy with EZ line.

I bought some Micro polymide tubing for my albatross build. Plays the part of the leather cable wrap well, good color, and bonds great with super glue.

Anything is still up in the air at this point.

Very nice work on this . (y) This bird would be an airplane rigger's nightmare :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Boy, that ain't no lie. In the end, should look awesome.

I could only imagine the Felix. :sick:

In my eye it already does but I'm certain it will get even better .

In your looking around for that blue color, did you see a convincing PRU blue anywhere ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Just had a light bulb go off in my head, I have been studying that pic for a while and now i know how I am going to do it.

I believe I will not be doing any soldering this time.

I will post a mock up tomorrow when I get in from work.

Very nice work on this . (y) This bird would be an airplane rigger's nightmare :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Boy, that ain't no lie. In the end, should look awesome.

I could only imagine the Felix. :sick:

In my eye it already does but I'm certain it will get even better .

In your looking around for that blue color, did you see a convincing PRU blue anywhere ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, check out this link. I have always wanted to try this line of paint. It has the PRU blue. I'm not sure if it is a close match or not.
Under R.A.F colors
http://www.uschivdr.com/shopping-categories/shop-colors-paints-pigments-primer/mr-paint-superfine-inks-2/?mobile=1

I'm not a stick and string builder but I would make the larger loop no larger than the other two.

Just thinking out loud Big10

Tony lee

Yea, I will suck that one on down, but I want to leave it just a tad larger than the other 2 to allow for movement and positioning.

It's funny you look at these picture of the actual size, what we are trying to replicate with the turnbuckles and all, would be hard to see at the scale we are working with.

You know what I do when i'm unsure of the scale size of something?
I've got a 1/35th figure with a realistic size hand and I compare his hand to what i'm unsure of the scale.

Works for me :)
Tony lee

You know what I do when i'm unsure of the scale size of something?
I've got a 1/35th figure with a realistic size hand and I compare his hand to what i'm unsure of the scale.

Works for me :)
Tony lee

Damn, that's a good idea. Thanks for the tip. (y)

Back