• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wildcat F4F-4 the sequel

The linkage looks awesome and THREADED too!!! If you are still planning on buying the suitcase full of Vallejos, the Matte Varnish works really well and won't mess with your layers, but it's flat AND might impair your ability to log on! :D

Well I took a look at it this morning and first thought was the linkage is too big, way out of scale. I hope I can resist temptation to remove it and do it again...you know I've been known to do that before.

That linkage looks amazing- I really like all that nested tubing- and a real bolt! Silver- lookin' good!

As for the Future- it's just another layer in the mix, so let it do it's shiny thing. Washes flow best over gloss- and I've seen some great modles horrendously flawed by wash over matte surfaces- yuck! You'll want to protect these later layers with another coat of semi-matte/semi-glass. We can figure out what that will be at our leisure, right?

Cheers on some really great work!
chuk

Thanks Chuck, that nested tubing is suppose to represent turn buckle tensioners sort of things. I know you've seen them...couldn't thread the .3 mm tubes... :mpup

Still thinking of reworking that to some degree.

OK. Future gloss for washes and filter. I'm one who has filtered over a flat coat so I know what you're talking about. Looking to do this one right! Once decals, washes and filters are done, overshot of flat/semi flat should tone it down enough.

wildcat191.jpg

:woohoo:

O... M... G...

I'm finding my nitch in post shading.
wildcat192.jpg

wildcat193.jpg

wildcat194.jpg

wildcat195.jpg

Various shades of AlcadII From Steel to Polished Aluminum. I know Saul, it's not suppose to be shiny, I can't help it.

Nevermind the tailplane I was just trying to paint a straight line. That will be covered with Insignia Red.

I hope you like it but I really value the constructive criticism. Let me have it.

Whoa! Looks awesome!! I wouldn't worry about shiny, just eliminates the need for the sealer before wash, as long as the washes aren't lacquer based. (y) (y) (y)

Man...that ain't even funny...I got my mason jars labeled now.

Well I got that Migs Wash you all baited me with. That's an enamel based one. so I need an acrylic clear coat if I use that for the wash.

Yes, enamel Yellow Chrome. I'm either going with an acrylic clear or Future. But I'm really thinking of only doing oil washes after that cures.

My next big decision is what colors to use, as in the squadron bands.

Well, if the yellow is enamel, then you'd better seal it all up with acrylic clear whatever or risk a meltdown!! :huh: I REALLY like the shading, it should really set the final product off under the upcoming washes!! :notworthy

Can't wait to do a real NMF...soon! See this was an aluminum lacquer paint on the Yellow Wing paint schemes. Not Bare Metal.

I do see a SHINY Mustang in my future.

B) B) Thats a mighty cool metal skin finish - who's ya daddy! Can't wait to see this done its gonna be wicked!:notworthy

P.S. and of course the scratch building is just insanity!

Ian.

:huh: :huh: :blink

Thank you so much oh' Master Ian!!! :notworthy

I think I may finally be doing something right. :mpup

Harumphh...! :huh: that phrase about baiting needs to be singular. I had no part in that. I don't use any commercial wash !

Hey Bob that paint job really looks interesting and that linkage looks dinamite.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back