• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash Morphs Again !!

Thanks MP ... I'll clean then a bit more, but they look more used this way ... :soldier

Lookin' good Gerry. Need some Brake pods, slack adjusters, air tanks & airlines fer starters :hmmm betta makemore :popcorn :popcorn

Thanks Dave ... they look more like the ones I try not to drive next to, after a cleaning I think they'll look better.

Ed I have those things just trying to wait for the paint to dry before proceeding ... Plus I found an 'ol freightliner I can go and climb around on, just need time to do it.

hdc9bb50.JPG

I received this today can wait to get to it, dual build coming, hide and watch :soldier ... :soldier

B) That'll help alot Gerry (y) Be sure ta take yer camera & lots o pics :drinks

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash frame ready

Ok We cut sprue, last night & and this morning ...

h0f95ba3.JPG

h817ee46.JPG

We started putting the frame together ... and the destructions said there two cross members ... I looked & Looked ... couldn't find the rear cross member ...
:hmmm :idonno :woohoo: I started assembling the frame anyway.

h62581fa.JPG

Notice the extra frame up top ... I found another frame in the stake bed package ... & the rear cross member was in the bag with the cab .... seems the destructions could have mentioned that there were two frames ... :bat I had to rip parts off the short frame ... and that can give me a frame for a Rat Rod :woohoo:

habe1e64.JPG

So have this much done on the Willy's frame ... I will try to continue both builds here in this thread

Its good to see you are still in total control of the build (s). Everything going smooth as silk. :D
Seriously Great job of creating and crafting this build :good:

Thanks for checking in on this project, it's been tough trying to get the ball rolling. But also my first truck build, heck it's been tough all around keeping dry here in Texas. Plus the biplane that fell apart 7 X'S and waiting on my order to get here. Now I'm moving again, but these AMT truck kits can be built two ways. Tractor or stake bed. I thought about going with a tractor. I'm open to ideals for the load, the kit has barrels & a crate. Anyway as Willey Oats says " Onward through the fog".

For a first truck build, this is looking great. I commend you on watching your seams and alignments on all your parts. Taking it slow and easy is really helping you make this pop. Well done Gerry. I'm looking forward to seeing both of these come together.

For a first truck build, this is looking great. I commend you on watching your seams and alignments on all your parts. Taking it slow and easy is really helping you make this pop. Well done Gerry. I'm looking forward to seeing both of these come together.

Thanks for your kind words Mark ... (y) I cleaned the differential up and cleaned one rear spring ... :woohoo:

h6be02ba.JPG

h49fe17f.JPG

Still have to clean one rear spring & the front springs and axle, then if I get the motor in I can determine how the cab will tilt. My Friend is sitting here telling me that if it has a hood it will look funny being a tilt cab ... Oh well ... :soldier

[quote="Swordsman" post=253757 My Friend is sitting here telling me that if it has a hood it will look funny being a tilt cab ... Oh well ... :soldier[/quote]

Tilting the front end of a car/truck with a hood, is not all that unusual. By scrolling through the images on google page "Tilt front end cars" https://www.google.com/search?q=Tilt+hood+cars&biw=1200&bih=818&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-yqa4rufJAhVBzWMKHdVgDoYQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=Tilt+front+end+cars you'll see lots of them. So don't be afeird just you go ahead and make history....well at least in your modeling room :Hiay

Ok I'll just play it by ear, and work on getting it done as there are lots to Finnish & not much time so I'd better gettrdone ... supposed to heat up soon we just bought another space heater, cheaper than propane ... :soldier

Models can be made, neat & tidy from a Kit, but I just love it when we "step out of the Box" and make something out-of-the-ordinary!! :notworthy (y)
That there, that's modelin'! I don't care who you are! Gosh Golly!!

So now comes the moment of decisions, this is the 361 Motor that goes with the tilt cab frame,

he51d6d7.JPG

I will also build up the Willy's motor just to see how it looks in the frame ... :soldier

h055b35c.JPG

Here's the New cab sitting on frame where the wheels should be ...

he9a0cc5.JPG

I have moved the front springs & axle forward here, and I think this will work now ... Styrene is much easier than steel ...

h183f442.JPG

h7643fe2.JPG

The 361 engine doesn't stick out too far as you see ... still nothing set in stone but it's looking very good, I must say I'm pleased with this out come I may have to relocate the shock mounts ... :soldier

h8e1fe15.JPG

Parting shot finally looks like paint will be going on soon ... :soldier

Models can be made, neat & tidy from a Kit, but I just love it when we "step out of the Box" and make something out-of-the-ordinary!! :notworthy (y)
That there, that's modelin'! I don't care who you are! Gosh Golly!!

Thanks Dude, for your kind Words, the magic may happen this weekend, so busy this time of year. I can see this thing in my mind, now if I can just get it into the Styrene. :soldier

Back