• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Ok ... Things settled down Here and I sat down at the command center ...

hc2f9bc3.JPG

h8ac8d74.JPG

I have the front tires ready ... from there I can tell if I want to run my axle inside the springs like this (which would drop the front end) some, or on the bottom like they are supposed to be ... :soldier

hffb6e93.JPG

Rear wheels are done ... frame is in the final paint stages ... drying ... tonight (I Hope) still very damp Here ... :soldier

ha141368.JPG

Rear springs and differential are cemented ... :soldier

h0e72a6e.JPG

front springs configuration... :hmmm :idonno :woohoo: to be determined tomorrow ... that is all been a busy week ... :soldier

I like what I see so far. It looks like things are coming together well. Just go easy on the resin and don't add too much pressure and you'll do fine. I'm watching this closely, this is looking good.

Thanks Mark, Ed & Steve ... As you can see by the following pictures ... :soldier

h7fd4f64.JPG

hfed8584.JPG

h8b1e636.JPG

The dirty deed is done ... No surprises, nothing cracked or splintered ... :soldier

h5250987.JPG

I'll play with the axle placement and there maybe additional cuts to make ...

UH,:blink'scuse me Mr. Swordsman, but did 'cha know yer cab has a hole in da middle? Oh, wait , I get it, you're spread the wealth around...the uh, axles.....:eek:hmy: or the wheel thingies.....uh, :unsure: I'll just wait over here for the results :huh:

Seriously, Gerry, there had to have a bit of a pucker factor to make that cut. Well Done, :good: by the by.

Thanks Fellers, it was a bit hard to get it done, but now I have room to get my sanding wheel thing on the inside, too smooth up the interior. I will also have to widen the front fenders like this truck ...

hcf3893d.jpg

I don't know what the "kustom kulture" calls body stretching but it's about to happen ... the fenders will also have stretch a bit to go over the wheels ... Just playing this by ear, this is all your fault Jeff !!!

Splitting COE is not easy. :drool

You are now in the land of Kustom. :coolio

I recommend that you cut out the headlight holes before widening the fenders. Should make it easier to keep them centered. Might want to do that the grill opening too. For my eye I would widen it also just not as much.

Are you needing any Willys spare body parts?

Wow Gerry! You're a braver man than I Gunga Din! I'm really intrigued by what is coming next. You really know how to keep a thread interesting...

Splitting COE is not easy. :drool

You are now in the land of Kustom. :coolio

I recommend that you cut out the headlight holes before widening the fenders. Should make it easier to keep them centered. Might want to do that the grill opening too. For my eye I would widen it also just not as much.

Are you needing any Willy's spare body parts?

It's possible Jeff, I thought about the grill opening last night, after I had cut it ...

h63e3122.JPG

The PE grill will be too narrow (laying beside left fender) now I could order another and maybe splice the two together to fit new opening ... Or do the middle bar treatment like the example truck photo. if your willing to part with some of your parts I can help, with some funds your way ... PM me and I'll get you my addy or just get them from my profile. :soldier

Back