• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash

Welcome Gerry. Back in the 80s & 90s workin' for my uncle & also a construction company we had some refurbished trucks. Some looked like something out of Mad Max! a Franken-truck if you will... Wish I had pics of some of them :bang head

There's plenty of ideas out there my friend. An old school tow rig perhaps? Get a pic of the tanker body on the Freightshaker chassis & let's take a looksey :hmmm

Thanks fellers, The glider won't be here until Dec 2, says Paypal, I'm kinda at the USPS's will until then so I can see what's what all I have is the resin cab so far, Anybody need a TD garbage truck model ? ... :good:

I just found a tracking number this things coming today just in time for the weekend, I'll be getting on Her after the learning thingy ... :woohoo: (y) :soldier

well let's start trucking now ..... :soldier :soldier :soldier

h71bb576.jpg

From the Sixty's ... this is where She started ... :soldier :soldier :soldier
I'll be using this kit as a base for the build ... I hope the white parts fit the Willy's parts

h200536f.JPG

h914c1d3.JPG

hcdeb590.JPG

Ok reset the build ... I'll try to do a sixty's style Hippie Thang

https://youtu.be/pafY6sZt0FE

h01851e2.JPG

The Bits ... :good:

h463046e.JPG

hae28c69.JPG

Cement this 1st part back of frame .... :good:

h7f26ef5.JPG

h5375ea8.JPG

Then comes the cross members & Motor support .... :good:

h761b138.JPG

h4f9b84e.JPG

All clamped and drying ... :good: ....

h814b403.JPG

Fixing to go and look at the job ... preview of cab on frame, I might just be able to pull this off ... :woohoo:

:hmmm not too shabby thar Gabby :good: now, jus' fer chits N giggles,set da tanker body onda rear& let's see how that looks.... :drinks

I don't have the Tanker body in my hands yet just trying different back treatment options that Jimmy Flintstone had available, the back will be after We get the Willy's cab on.

h7276b9e.JPG

I have front suspension done ... :soldier

h026d16c.JPG

Transfer cases are cemented ... :soldier

h5cff312.JPG

And Rear springs, are on She should be able to stand on Her own soon ... :soldier The Kit is missing some plastic in the inside of springs, so I'll have to fix that before, I paint the frame, once that's done I can proceed with the creation. This frame may turn out to be too long, but time will tell.

C&C welcome - Gerry Thanks for stopping in ... :ro: :dude

Looking good so far. I like it. Everything seems to be fitting well. If the chassis is too long, maybe move the tanker portion back a bit and add a spare-tire caddy behind the cab. Might work.

Looking good so far. I like it. Everything seems to be fitting well. If the chassis is too long, maybe move the tanker portion back a bit and add a spare-tire caddy behind the cab. Might work.

Yer on the same wavelength as me Mark!! (y) B) :frantic There'll be a gap between the rear of the cab & front of the tanker body. He'll need to modify the tanker's fenders for the dual axles as well. Wish I had taken pics of some of the equipment I worked with when I worked asphalt construction... :bang head

Well Ed Hind sight is better than fore sight ... :rotf Thanks Fellers for checking in on this I was considering ordering two tanker bodies and lobbing the back off of one to add the extra length need ... :hmmm :idonno :soldier

h6f35003.JPG

Hey buddy do you mind ... flipping that frame over I have to test the fit of My cab ... :good:

hfbf262d.JPG

I'm ready for the rear drive now ... all cleaned & filed, sanded & primed ... :good: :soldier :dance
hab6825b.JPG

Need to get the front wheels and axles on ... :good: :soldier :dance

Hindsight's 20/20 Gerry (y) our "oiler" truck had part of a Utility bed between the cab & tank a bin for tools between the two utility boxes. Was quite fun to build it too :D

I remember that surf buggy/garbage truck from my youth. :laugh:
I never built it back then, but I remember seeing it at "Hobby hut". :facepalm
Those model molds must be near 50 years old. :eek:ldguy
That build will be a blast, Daddy-o! :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

(cue: "Pipeline" by the Ventures or SRV)

Back