• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash

I remember that surf buggy/garbage truck from my youth. :laugh:
I never built it back then, but I remember seeing it at "Hobby hut". :facepalm
Those model molds must be near 50 years old. :eek:ldguy
That build will be a blast, Daddy-o! :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

(cue: "Pipeline" by the Ventures or SRV)

Thanks Bill, I decided not to use the garbage truck kit. I don't know who SRV is but I do know the Ventures ... :rotf

Well not being one to figure out abbreviation's very well ... I have to really think on some, :smack You put one over on Me Chris. :woohoo:

h9e4f26f.JPG

Have rear ends ready to be installed ....

h849bd7d.JPG

hecc3c72.JPG

I filled to voids in the back side of springs ....

h99d2104.JPG

h2d1f95c.JPG

h0484da5.JPG

I have front wheels assembled ... Will get more photos soon ... Thanks for watching ... :salute

Man I'm loving this build.:good:

I just hope I have enough popcorn and beer
167da396.gif
to get through to the end

Update time ... working on wheels & rims and getting Her up on Rubber ... So we can get - ER - done

hc742439.jpg

h717b613.jpg

h20260af.jpg

Ok I have a wheel done & on ...

hd2a1054.jpg

he937758.jpg

I have also finished the frame ... I took photos but the dang Smart pohone ate them ... :woohoo: :rotf :woohoo:

he99ac86.jpg

h5481aba.jpg

h905a553.jpg

]Before painting .... I also have removed flash from Willy's cab ... :geek

hd70e7db.jpg

h38342ff.jpg

I'm starting the motor work ... I must go now and build a railroad table ... C&C Welcome -Gerry

I'm glad yall are watching ... Let me know if I screw up, I just about had a attack when I realized the Motor is very large & the cab is very tiny ... I think the frying pan is getting a bit hotter ... than the fire :woohoo:

I'm glad yall are watching ... Let me know if I screw up, I just about had a attack when I realized the Motor is very large & the cab is very tiny ... I think the frying pan is getting a bit hotter ... than the fire :woohoo:

:unsure: OK,can't resist... :rotf :rotf :rotf
Now that's outta me system, Yes, the motor is very large. Normally weigh as much as the average car. If it hits the bottom of the cab, just shim it up with some square or channel tubing :drinks :soldier :soldier

well I'll make it work somehow ...

h4d08a1c_2015-12-08.jpg

h71838f5_2015-12-08.jpg

I've go the frame ready almost, as ya'll can see from these photos, I think there will be another donor kit involved here. Might be some pieces left over ... :woohoo: :soldier :good:

Coming right along! :good:

Swordsman you might find this interesting

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/blog/template_permalink.asp?id=201#axzz3Ox1VutGu

Coming right along! :good:

Swordsman you might find this interesting

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/blog/template_permalink.asp?id=201#axzz3Ox1VutGu

Very Interesting Link Jeff, thanks very much, Between Your great inspirational link, and Mr.T's comments about this thing not being able to fit the chassis, I've decided to go to another chassis. T's right the freightliner frame is too big, I brought home a '41 willy's pickup, so I could use the tub out of it, I also needed the headlights. So this morning I ordered the Ford C600 Stake bed kit, to continue this. I'll be cleaning inside of resin cab, (Not a Purdy sight) while waiting for the Kit.

h587388c_2015-12-10.jpg

So once again the Wild Willy's evolves or Morphs, into a great looking ride, In MHO ... :woohoo:

Back