• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash

Good job Gerry !... :popcorn

Luiz.

Thanks !! ... I was a car guy, but never built a truck before, (that I can remember) ... So this Freightliner will be finished on it's own I'll have to contact AMT for a Rear Hub, that is missing, so I can get the back wheels own ... :soldier :ro: :dude

Good job Gerry !... :popcorn

Luiz.

Thanks !! ... I was a car guy, but never built a truck before, (that I can remember) ... So this Freightliner will be finished on it's own I'll have to contact AMT for a Rear Hub, that is missing, so I can get the back wheels own ... :soldier :ro: :dude

Yeah, I agree about the link!! :drool That's just wicked Kewl!!

So, yer missin' the whole rear axle housing for the Freightshaker? I'll check my spares box since I do have a few spare parts for trucks :hmmm Just fyi, not all 3 axle tractors had 2 rear drive axles... some came with what's called a "Tag" axle. Basically a trailer axle that is along for the ride.

Now, what's the problem with the Willies cab to Frieghtshaker chassis? You're a modeler, You have the technology, you can rebuild, you can make it better, faster, stronger... :popcorn

Thanks Luiz, Terry & Ed, now Ed I said a hub, not rear axle housing the hub goes on the brake drum and holds the wheels on ... I will send or post a photo when I find it been real busy lately. :train

Thanks Luiz, Terry & Ed, now Ed I said a hub, not rear axle housing the hub goes on the brake drum and holds the wheels on ... I will send or post a photo when I find it been real busy lately. :train

Aight :drinks

Just checked the parts bin & no joy Gerry. If it were an aluminum wheel, a headache rack, a dash or tires.... :drinks

Hang in there. You can do it.

:popcorn

Thanks Terry, this is the original chassis that I was going to do but, it was out of stock so, I figured it was no longer available. I pulled the trigger on it yesterday, should be here next week ... (y)

Thanks Ed, for checking on that piece, ... (y)

h4d5ae77.JPG

h9da433d.JPG

h4a15f5f.JPG

Here's the Photo of the missing piece ... and I know it's proably not lost, as the model kit I bought off eBay, was sealed in plastic bags.

he660947.JPG

h009a7a1.JPG

h0e0baa8.JPG

All righty then I spent last night eating spaghetti & salad after the misses ran me out of the Computer room. I had to glue, screw, tie-wrap & Duct tape ... I made this out of Wally-World sterile products ... :woohoo: (y) :woohoo: Also is a piece of 1x8" X 1/2" steel bar running across the top shelf inside and a piece running vertically from top to bottom on the back. But I don't think it will cause anymore trouble .... in the bunker .... :woohoo:

No problem Gerry. Gave me a chance to dig thru the bin anyhow. :drinks

So, the kit came sealed, :hmmm Is that pesky critter back? :frantic

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash Morphs Again !!

I might have some headlights Gerry.

Is it 1/25? I think I have a spare AMT Willy's pickup kit.

No problem Gerry. Gave me a chance to dig thru the bin anyhow. :drinks

So, the kit came sealed, :hmmm Is that pesky critter back? :frantic

Naw I think I was the one who lost it, what with all them drawers all over the place I think I dumped the kit.

Hey Gerry, just fer snitz N giggles, check the drawer with the Orange tanker & white dry van trailers. (last pic ya posted) What's that on the side of tanker? :hmmm :captain

Ok, Time for a Update, I found the offending wheel Hub ... so We can continue with this Keep on Truckin build ... :soldier

h89a4302.jpg

Thanks Buddy .... Getting kinda tired of holding this ...

h453776e.JPG

h679d0d6.JPG

Hub glued & painted ... I hope it dries as it's raining Here again ... We had another two inches last night.

h2689f42.JPG

All the first set of wheels are on and ready to hit the road ... That's all for this morning, maybe I'll get some more done this afternoon ... Keep On :soldier

:geek :geek B) Glad ya found it Gerry!! :drinks Where wuz it hiding? :hmmm :popcorn

Well it was on the floor, the carpet monster hadn't quite digested it yet

Well glad to be back, I was doing a Update a couple of days ago, and the Dreaded PC Blue screen came up. MP knows this One :facepalm So thanks for your comments fellers.

A bunch of Apps got removed, I have to play re-installing them by ear, so the jury is still out in my opinion ... I'm on a shakedown cruise right now.

I'm considering splitting this Build into two different truck builds:

White Freightliner Dual drive Tractor & Wild Willy's tilt cab over

So let's add some photos & see if they upload better ...

h453776e_2015-12-16.JPG

h679d0d6_2015-12-16.JPG

hb883334.JPG

hc1bcc95.JPG

Hub preparation for cementing the wheels on ...

h3e2047b.JPG

Notice the mold line ... On the tires, this bugs Me so ...

hc48802e.JPG

hf93f2b2.JPG

h95599a5.JPG

h4148f15.JPG

Now these look very good ... Fixin to do some Dual Drive reseach for the plumbing on said frame ...

Back