• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

White Tilt Cab Dual Drive & '41 Willy's Tilt Cab

Swordsman

I'm gonna do something with all of this stuff We'll call it a Kit-Bash

h097e8a5.jpg

The 'ol Tom Daniels Garbage Truck, will be used for the frame, coming from Squadron.

h3bf1805_2015-11-17.jpg

h4624ee7.jpg

I'll replace that mod looking cab with this Jimmy Flintstone '41 Willy's Cab over cab, might be tricky

h53c0d53_2015-11-17.jpg

I'll probably do this tanker body, still researching possibilities

hb9c422f.jpg

I also have this Model car garage '41 vertical grill these are coming from the East Coast, should be here soon.

Hang tight fixin to start this thing C&C Welcome

Wild '41 Willy's Cab Over Kit-Bash

Thanks to you all, I can't wait to get to Bashing, I have a friend who has brought me some extra bits in the automotive genre so, also said He had lots more, I wish I had everything Me & my brothers had once upon a time.

Thanks Jeff, I hope something arrives by Friday, after all I could drive to Squadron's Warehouse & pick it up :woohoo: :soldier :drinks

AL righty then I can Officially, start this build, I received my Squadron order today Squadron shipped it to me in about 1 day. Kewl :coolio

h9ac5888.JPG

hbdccebf.JPG

h0eae272.JPG

h6d9ee58.JPG

I may start cutting sprue tonight .... I might also wait until I get the Willey's cab

Love me a good bash. My first was the merging of a F-150 Flareside w/ a NASCAR Winston Cup kit...back in '94, before the Craftsman Truck Series even existed.

And now since I have a pair of '65 GT350 kits...I'm having some serious thoughts about merging one of them with a modern road race machine (GT1, DTM, etc). :frantic

I'd like to see that Chris, sounds like a winner, I messed up tonight and left the kit at the shop, dang, dang, dang, Good news the other package will be at the shop tomorrow. Oh well guess I'll make some folks happy and go work on the Tiger Moth.

Alright lots has happened since last I typed, I went back to work, looked the garbage truck over found, that the Kit would be impossible to retro the Wild willy's cab over onto.

h3f66490_2015-11-21.JPG

h74e850a_2015-11-21.JPG

I received the Jimmie Flintstone resin cab the other day, plus the PE vertical grille, looks very good.

h3cfb204.jpg

I won this on eBay tonight ... I'll be using all but the cab, possible the cab innards. I'm thinking I should be able to do the tilt cab thing, wish me luck over and out until the Mailman brings my new Dual Drive White tilt cab Freightliner, Cheers - Gerry

And remember "Keep On Truckin "

Holly Molly man looks like you're gonna exhaust a whole pile of stuff to make this thing.

Maybe luiz will let you borrow some of the girls to complete it :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Holly Molly man looks like you're gonna exhaust a whole pile of stuff to make this thing.

Maybe luiz will let you borrow some of the girls to complete it :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian, Yeah I know, I'm thinking also on extending the frame for some sort of thing on the back of the cab, for hauling stuff.

hf247cd9.jpg

I might also need a sleeper, so stay tuned still gathering parts ... eBay is a great place for that, or if anyone has something they want to donate I'm up for that.

Hard to find anything to go on the back of this thing, I messed up, I didn't order the fuel tank thing. So right now we're looking at a Willy's cab over cab on the white dual drive freightliner. I'm still looking for ideals on rear treatment, and I'm fixing to go look at other truck kits at one of my other warehouses.

Ok, so, lemme get this strait Gerry, Ya got the '41 Willys Cabover & and you're gonna put it on the Freightshaker chassis. Sounds doable. Now, ya was plannin' on using that Tanker body earlier? Granted, the Chassis is dual axle & the tanker body is single axle. :hmmm a bit of trimming could make it useable.
Maybe transform it into a service truck of sorts... What would the Chrome Shop Mafia boys do? :hmmm :zen :zen :zen

Well you have that right, at 1st I was going to use that Tom Daniels kit for the chassis. That won't be doable, so I bought the freight shaker. I don't have a rear end ideal other than a pulpwood truck, like MP. Open to ideals as the tanker body will be to small I figure. Thanks for your input. Ok I checked your Chrome shop mafia boys, think I'll just make this maybe into a Willey's cab over glider with a Condo on the back, For coast to coast Trucking. Thanks Ed, I wasted lots of time on Ebad last night looking for trailers, which I really don't need to be Truckin'

:hmmm .............. :hmmm ............. :hmmm ............. :hmmm ............. :hmmm
h187bfb0.jpg

:idonno ............... :idonno ............... :idonno ............... :idonno ............... :idonno

Back