• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Whiffers" (for fun!)

A little fun on the side......

Back on this one as well. working on filling in the wheel wells.

the floats were a little short so I had to add a few pieces to them. Drilled a couple holes and inserted some sprue pieces.

Now it is sitting a little better!

it will still need some trimming up!

and had to start something else.....

Sharkmouth wrote:
sharkman wrote:
I like that, "Fred"!

Actually, the Allies didn't know if the Japanese would have these aircraft so names were assigned:

Bess (Heinkel He 111)
Doc (Messerschmitt Bf 110)
Fred (Focke Wulf Fw 190A-5)
Irene (Junkers Ju 87A)
Janice (Junkers Ju 88A-5)
Mike (Messerschmitt Bf 109E)
Millie (Vultee V-11GB)
Trixie (Junkers Ju 52/3m)
Trudy (Focke Wulf Fw 200 Kondor)

Would love to do a "What if" Japanese He-111 someday!)

Thanks guys!

A little more to add. Did some more work on the floats but seemed to have lost the image somewhere! :idonno

This 111 needs a lot of trimming but it is a nice kit!

Thanks all!

OK, I am confused, where did the 111 come from? :huh:

Sorry paul, you are not going crazy! I didn't give a lot of explanation! I picked this kit up cheap ($10) at the local hobby show in April, mainly bought it for the torpedos but it had no decals so I thought it might be a good opportunity to do another Japanese what-if of a Bess. Just included it in this thread as well.

Working on both at the moment!

"Whiffers" (for fun!)

I pulled these two old Accurate Minatures kits out of the stash to get a little of the creative juices flowing after being away from the bench for several months. Going to have a little fun with them but building them straight out of the box, nothing crazy. A single seater and 2-seater IL-2.

hae2d632.jpg

h752b7e6.jpg

hc463c24.jpg

h286e6e3.jpg

h505e22f.jpg

I also switched the wings for both so the single seater now has the later swept wings and the 2-seater has the earlier straight wings

h3397c40.jpg

h6279791.jpg

Back