• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Which kit??

Gene

Guys,
At the suggestion of Moon Pup, I want to spread my wings, & build one of them wing-thingies!! Quick pinch me!!!!:gogo The only requirements are 1/32 or 1/48 & be Luftewaffe. Oh yeah, before I forget must be fairly simple kit.
TIA!!!!

If you're new to zoomies , .......... go for a Tamiya kit , they pretty much fall together and they're not that costly in the 1/48th scale.

Yes plenty to choose from on the Axis side .........

The Eduard 109's in 1/32 arent too bad. Or Dragons 110 in 1/32. It is a bit more work though, but Sprue Brothers has them on sale http://store.spruebrothers.com/132-dragon-messerschmitt-bf110-c-7--wing-tech-3203-p16101.aspx
In 1/48, any of the Hasegawa kits, actually 1/32 even though try for the newer ones. hth.
James

In 1/48 the Tamiya Bf-109 or Fw-190's are good kits. I believe Eduards 1/32 "Weekend Edition" 109 is listed at Sprue Bros. One decal option, no photo-etch or masks but that is no problem really, a very nice kit.

Tom

Everyone has to get a Luftwaffe bird under their belt. I got a long nose 190 in the parrot scheme sitting on my self. Just thinking about my stash, not a 109 in the mix, I actually have more German armor than aircraft.

If it were me, I would go with an easy P47 or P51 in OD paint scheme for a first time out. Paint scheme is easy to do, Hasegawa kits are good quality and inexpensive. It would be a great confidence booster to take on the more complex schemes that the Luft birds can present.

Pup,
What is the "Parrot scheme"? Isn't it against some unwritten law to suggest an Allied a/c? LOL Thanks for your input!!!!

NEWS FLASH!!!!! TESTING, TESTING, TESTING, 1,2,3, Is this thing on??:laugh:
Well the decision has been made!! I ordered the 1/32 Weekend Edition that Tom reccomended!!
So I guess I'm in the hurry up & wait mode!!:laugh:

I've built several of Eduards "Weekend Editions" but not the 1/32 109 yet, the reviews I've read on it say there is no major weakness with this kit so it's all good :dude :dude

Tom

I've got a couple of Eduard kits, but they are being cut up. One is becomeing a Bf-109T2 and the other was going to be an A that didnt work out. Getting one for Christmas which will become a Bf-109B. They are nice kits. Originally problems with canopy shape but Eduard corrected that. You'll enjoy.
PS being E's the cockpit is rlm 02, not rlm 66.
James

The Parrot Scheme

fw1909216.jpg

fw1909219.jpg

JV44 Platzschutzstaffel (Airfield protection Squadron) scheme. Papagei Staffel (Parrot squadron), They flew air protection over the field as the ME262s took off and landed, they were most vulnerable during those times. The red scheme was for quick recognition by the German AA crews.

I later learned the specific scheme I did was not correct, there was no White 1 aircraft, or at least not in this scheme, it was based on a ME109 in another squadron. But that's cool...Might do another one before it's all over.

Back