• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What did you do today?

This is funny. We're heading down the road, secondary roads, to Augusta, about 5 miles out of Greenwood we go through a small community. There's a patch of woods there and Dad said, "We use to take off work Wend afternoon and come down here and play poker all afternoon..."

:blink

(Little background: Around here, and I assume other southern towns, everything would close at noon on Wednesdays to go to Wend evening church meeting. This stopped about the late 70s)

"Y'all played poker in the woods?" I asked

"Yeah..there was a little clearing back in there" he said.

"I thought everyone took off work Wen afternoon to go to church Wend evening?" I said (it was a Southern thing)

"Well we played poker"

"you couldn't play at someone's house?"

"No, everyone was getting ready to go to church, that's why we went to the woods to play poker." Dad said..

:woohoo:

Maybe you had to be there...Dad checked out OK. We talked on the way down and he had a hard time understanding when I told him that it's been nearly 29 years since I went in the USAF...come to think of it, I'm having a hard time accepting it..:idonno :gogo

yesterday: got up at 6am, blablabla ... ( insert same procedure as every day) but felt really sick!

after having had a quarter of one of those strudel i posted earlier, my lactose intolerance chimed in and said hello to my body, i started feeling lousy the rest of wednesday, had a night without sleep and most of yesterday was one big bad day of :sick: over and over again! i even had to lay down in the afternoon and fell asleep for two hours! (i hate laying down during the day and sleep! so unproductive! but there was no way around!)

another meal i love on the 'never eat again' list! :( ... the effect was even worse than after 'rice imperatrice' and that was a very bad experience already!

but my chili was good! :) not texas style since i don't like napalm on my plate but hot 'n spicy enough for me! in fact it helped me to recover from the lactose shock!

t_drooling_homer_2141.gif

Mmmmm Chili... although I like napalm. My sauce is labeled 'suicidal.'

Regards,

I'm sorry to hear that, Laura! So next time you know where to call, if you need someone for the Strudel B)

So, I'm just about doing my weekly backup and then WEEKEND !!!

Laura I am sad that you have been sick, but glad that chili was the cure. I will have to give you my recipe for my chili. I call it "Sneak Attack" not too hot just warm.

Terry :D

I spent the day at the Police Academy, got informed that no overtime was allowed so was sent home to get ready for my son's Blizzard Beach Blanket Party which I must attend since I am the VP of the PTA.

I did get a roll of TP for my trouble.

Regards,

Woke up , fell out of bed ,
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and had a cup ,
And looking up I noticed I was late .

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke .
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

AAAAAAH AAAAAH AH AH AAAAH AAAAH AAAAAH AAAAH AAAH AH

After coming home last night from work at 10:15. I got up about up at 0 dark hundred to report in at 0600 for another 8 hrs dose of w.... Got home a little after 2 this afternoon, had a cpl slices of Mafia Pie and took an hr nap. Got up around 4..showered and went into town with the lady for shopping and haircut for me. Now a few hrs of R&R before heading to bed and going in tomorrow morning for another dose of W...

Joe

as we had very fine weather today, very warm we went to the stable. My wife and some friends had a ride somewhere and me sat together with the farmer having some beer in the sun - very nice day :)

Drove to Maryland for work. blew up the engine in my Bride's new Buick. That tacked on another 4 hours. Her car is at the dealer and we're waiting word on what's wrong, I've blown engines before, know what it's like. But waiting on official word. She's vowed to get a new vehicle out of this, it's going to get bumpy folks, that Red Head gets what she wants!

I did get some good shots, some of you may recognize the location. it's the north end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and tunnel.

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

Moonie,

Don't forget th Crabs ! ... :lol: :woohoo: :huh: .. I mean .. eat some crabs while your there in Maryland ! :D

Cool shotz !!

ERIK

Super stoked... In about 4 hours 10 minutes I'll, along with fellow MA'er Brad, be present to witness history... Melbourne's debut in the Super 15 Rugby competition (y) It'll be the first Union game I've seen in over 2 years :D Real rugby, not that silly League stuff :pp Of course we'll probably lose, but that's beside the point :laugh:

Oh, and I bought the Nuts & Bolts Bison I book today as well
(y)

Just got home after playing in a fantastic game of proper football ( soccer to some of you ) where my team came out 6-2 winners over a team that usually demolishes us

By the way that`s a over 40s league I play in, I just cant cope with these youngsters nowadays :D

nice sea view pics, moon.

This week was just one to forget very soon :) I now look forward to sit at the bench ....

Blowed up real good...Just stopped. RPMs went to nothing. Didn't hear anything back from the dealer yesterday so I'll call him asap Monday...Good thing I didn't drive to Atlanta!

Hey, You and Chris have a save trip! take lots and lots of pictures!

Back