• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What did you do today?

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Thought we'd start a thread to see what y'all did today, what we did today. Doesn't have to be modeling related or even specific. All of us who post here have become online friends and share a lot with each other. What better way to know each other than to hear what you did today.

I'll start, modeling mojo was sort of zapped today, bad experiences on the bench this week sort of zapped that spark. I figured to get out in the yard and get some mid winter work done before it turns cold again. Temps are in the 60s today. After spending an hour looking for my clippers I got the scuppernong vine cut back, the muscadine vine didn't yield much last year so I figure to leave it alone this year and see which one produced the more. Still got to do the blueberry bush, birds got to them last year before I could, going to have to do something about that this year.

Hauled off some old electronic stuff. Old motherboards, even saw a 486DX CPU in the crap of stuff, you don't know what it took for me to dump that stuff but I know it was junk just taking up space. One system board had a P4 CPU chip still on it, this was one of those first generation P4 chips, still hated to see it go but it's no use for anything today.

Cheeseburger and shake with my Honey at the driveinn for lunch. Cleaned the ol' compressor in back of the shop, got that rattle taken care of I've been hearing. And that is about it for me today, got some fresh air, sun and threw the ball with the dogs (they don't get the bring the ball back part of it but it's good exercise having to retrieve the ball myself.).

Think I'm going down to the shop and tinker with some models...:woohoo:

Well it was almost the same Saturday as always

get up, get some coffee and then pick up all the recycle garbage to bring to the recycling center. Then went shopping food ... well those household jobs I'll have to do :)

In the afternoon we spend some time with the family playing wii and after dinner I sat at the bench building exhausts.

And now its time get some sleep soon as tomorrow we will get out early to go for some slide riding

tobogganing ??? may its that

this I mean:

schlitten_fahren.jpg

Well, I haven't done anything as strenuous as you, Pup, but I have imagined it.
I've been sitting on the couch in my sweatpants, t-shirt and slippers watching TV for most of the day. I went right from the bed to the couch. The only thing I stopped for was a hot cup of coffee.
Karen's been off on a little vacation with her mother in Arizona, leaving me to care for two cats and a bird here in northern Illinois. When the Big Cat's away, the little mouse will play. Thank God, they're still alive. (The cats, not the mice).
I did throw in a load of laundry and wash the dishes while blasting "Humble Pie's" "Smokin'" album, featuring "30 Days in the Hole," which is what I'll get if I don't get out and shovel the snow we got three days ago. She comes home tomorrow. Actually, I miss her. Mainly, because I had to microwave a couple of hotdogs for lunch. Just kidding, dear.
I now intend on getting back to work on my "Charlie Don't Surf" build, really, I do. Then, maybe crack open my bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, after all, it is Saturday. I know I shouldn't drink alone, so, feel free to join me!
Peace and Love,
Randy

Well went to breakfast with oldest son, then stopped at a store and splurged. Got a netbook that will fit on my bench so I can watch modeling how to videos and threads as I try and copy, rather than go to desk watch go to bench forget what I just watched etc until I give up and go play games. Maybe I'll learn something now. Then to next town over and son picked up his new bow. Then shopping and just got back home. 7 hours of fun in -24C. Quick nap after this and then cook some pork loins stuffed with ham and cheese then maybe try and wire up other half of my Rolands engine. Then watch Red. Ho hum.

James

Well lets see I:

1. Went my daughters basketball game.(she scored 4 points)(6th grade and 4 feet tall, but fast)

2. Worked on my daughters new room(not fast enough)

3. ????.......

Terry B)

Well after chatting to my chums I got back a bit of mojo but not for long, as my 18yr step son who has the flu decided he`d come and infect everyone with it during the week so now I ache, my head, arms, legs, my knee still aches cos of my recent spectacular fall,...,head, shoulders, back

ok so now Im boring everyone to sleep

So played a bit of Call of duty world at war > lost

a bit of poker online for play money > lost

Played a bit of Fifa 2011 soccer > lost

Looked for my missing lottery ticket > lost

Thats about it really

Had a castastrophic failure of my salt water tank heater and caught it before it killed everything- lost a big, beautiful leather coral- had to dispose of it first thing. I left it in overnight topmake sure it was gone- nasty!

Getting ready for our big Chili party tonight- jump in your transporter beam and join us! Got some packages together for some friends, scrubbed the patios and grill/bar, rearranged the deck furniture. Used the carpet steamer to suck up excess water on the deck- worked pretty well and didn't get the lawn all saturated and mucky. Having nicewarm days here- not to brag! Cleaned the upstairs- Marc did the down. Off to the Aquarium shop for water and another Betta.

Tonight- 3 kinds of chili, lots of beer and good potluck dishes- yum! Hope to have 40-60 people over. :dude

While the wife and son went off this morning, daughter and I worked on her diorama. We did one last year of the horse pasture she does her lessons on. We went up to the mountains to camp and fish and she wanted to do a diorama of the pond and woods there...so we bought some HO scale people this summer and today we added some trees and started scratching an HO scale canoe.

Then I masked and sprayed the last color of camo for my Il-2 that has been on the shelf for too long. Had some turkey chili for lunch, then built some Legos with the boy all afternoon. About to eat some homemade pizza and then watch a family movie. After all that and when the kids are in bed, I'll be in the man room touching up the Il-2, taking pics of the Well build, getting the Cromwell out of the stash in preparation for Overlord, and then need to work out for an hour.

Tomorrow the girls are going horseback riding, so the boy and I will model a bit and maybe lightsaber duel on the Wii...

Got up bright and early and took the new pup for her check up and booster shots.
That took from 8:30 to 12:30 then had a bite of lunch..Washed my hand and sat down at the bench
and installed some more goodies in the fighting compartment.
Assembled the muffler and fitted it,made a couple of jerry cans to go on the fender and cleaned up a few of the tools.

Ate some fried tators and polish sauage with garlic toast and washed it all down with a glass of prune juice,good for what ails ya and put a smile on you face in the morning.:D

We'll watch a movie or two and then call it a day.
Tony Lee:)

Chilli at Chucks! Man, I've been thinking of a big ol' pot of chili lately.

with all the food talked about here, we could put together a Modeler's Alliance Cook Book!

I got my MoJo back. I was able to repair one of the airbrush needles well enough to spray a good pattern, got the wheels on the Deuce and a half and several shades of OD. Even got the exhaust pipe rusted up and installed.

I started the day at 04:00 by playing the "Boys" X box for two hours.
Got the O'ladys car gassed up, checked oil, tire pressure, cleaned out, then loaded. (She went to Denver with the kids.)
Ran to the hardware store supplies for the benches I'm building in the garage. I thought I had it planned out what I wanted. Now that one is almost together I do not like it and took it apart. :pinch:
Surfed Ebay motors some.
Finished sanding on the Willys Gasser kit body ready for another coat. I need to wash it and the Willys pickup so I can lay on more primer. Not really in the mood right now.
Went to a Birthday party for a Co-work and have been feeling old ever since.
Beer and the pizza is all I care about right now. :eek:hyeah

I rolled outta bed about 9:30am.Had a Father-Daughter breakfast with My 2year old daughter. We made some Blue Berry pancakes & bacon. Mmmmm bacon .... (y)

I was able to slide back to the Panzer Shoppe & finish the basic paint & weather on Tamiya's 1/25th scale Jagd-Panther & wrote th article for the Build review. Between that ate a great dinner with th Wife .... and now I'm here ..... (y) :ro:

ERIK

Plowed , snow blowed and shoveled old snow to clear pathways around the schools , ......... went home around 2pm , had 3 Heineys , finished a Dean R. Koontz book , had a salad and some soup , ...... crashed .

Randy , speak of the Devil , ........ was listening to this while plowing !!!!

Humble_Pie_Rock_On.jpg

Sitting on the couch, in front of the air conditioner, surfin' the web... 35C today, 37C tomorrow, and Tuesday is forecast to be 38C...

3dchaud.gif

Spent my down time in the empty house editing together a bunch of clips from plowing, added some old school Pink Floyd and uploaded it to my youtube channel, just out of boredom really.

Sorry for the crappy quality, the footage is taken with my phone as I'm not planning on taking my good camera's with me in the plow truck.

B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaKIdGEDrc

BTW folks, if you're like me and dn't know a C from a c, and you're running firefox. Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/converter/
Right Click on John's 38C and I see it's 100 F in American....That's hot! John it is high humidity? That's the killer.

I often get confused with the Cs and the Fs having always been used to Cs but then in the summer time they say whatever it is in Fs in the shade ?

Continuing the weather theme looks like we in Chi Town ( Me and Randy ) are looking forward to a major snow storm this coming week :)

Back