• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What Allied WWII Interior, Accessory, or Full Kit?

Chris ITA

Hi Guys,

I have three major new releases bubbling away to be released before the end of the year:

Char B1 interior

Correction and Backdate for the Tamiya MkVII and Churchill to make them 'Normandy tanks

Mystery interior/ plus exterior conversion for a popular british tank

But with these well under way, Jenny's 2011 wishlist thread has got me thinking, what comes next?

So what interior OR other accessory (such as wheel sets, ammo sets, corrective sets for 'wrong kit parts), OR even full kit would you like to see in resin?

Speak up, you never know, it might even get made!

Chris

PS No Sherman bits or carriers, Formations do Shermans better than I ever will and Resicasts Carriers are sublime

Hmmmmmmm :unsure: WEll I would like an interior for Tamiyas UA carrier B) , maybe a M5 Stuart .... forgot the british designation :unsure: Kangaroo interior & conversion set for AFV clubs kit . The vehicle seemed commonly used as a 17lb gun tractor and since Bronco do the gun ;) .

Ooooh and an AVRE interior ....... and a .....

Jenny :kiss:

Hmmmmm, Yes (you do mean the UE right?), Stuart - AA already do one, but maybe, Kangaroo is not high on the list, gun tractor? no because I'd be willing to bet we see a styrene one before long

AVRE interior? definitely

How about interiors for the Tamiya BT-7 , JS-2 & JSU-152 ? B)

regards
JOEY

P.S. Forgot one - Academy's M50A1 ONTOS !!!!!

CHRIS,

Any thoughts on Jumping across the Pond in April & Premiering any of your Cool stuff at the AMPS International Convention April 6th-9th ?

I think you've cornered a Market !! Your stuff looks Really Good. It might entice Me to start Building Allied Armor !:huh:

T-34 full interior ??

ERIK

Oh yeah UE :pp .

I think the big JSU would be awesome interior wise .

Well if you did a M5 Stuart interior , you could use drivers seat , transmission etc in the Kangaroo variant , and use your way nice radios and make the command variant too . Parts could also be used to do an update for the AFV club M8 when it is released too .

I think there are enough T 34 sets already maybe :idonno

@ JENNY,

Really ? I think Verlinden did 1 ... Although I'm outtta th Loop on Allied Armor.

CHRIS - Would you consider Vietnam Armor - M48 Patton ??

ERIK

:unsure: Well Verlinden does do a interior for the old Tamiya M5 ....... The Tamiya M5 is horridly out of proportion so the interior must be too .

I have many Verlinden sets , The quality of the Inside the Armour kits is entirely in a different league . I do not like to "bag" a manufacturer , specially one who has done as much as Verlinden , but the Inside the Armour stuff is absolute attention to detail , full instructions , concisely printed , precision fit , full interior walkarounds and as is evident by the Churchill set , Chris is always enhancing the quality of stuff. As his resources get enlarged (like his latest advances by working with turned brass accessories) he updates his product to suit .

Hmmmmmmm :unsure: WEll I would like an interior for Tamiyas UA carrier B) , maybe a M5 Stuart .... forgot the british designation :unsure: Kangaroo interior & conversion set for AFV clubs kit . The vehicle seemed commonly used as a 17lb gun tractor and since Bronco do the gun ;) .

Ooooh and an AVRE interior ....... and a .....

Hi there Jenny.

17 pounder anti-tank guns were also commonly towed by the Quad Field Gun Tractor that Tamiya made. If you get the Quad with the 25 pounder kit you could even use the 25 pounder gun carriage to make a very early 17 pounder anti-tank gun.

Cheers from Peter

Hi Chris.

I'd love to see some 6-pounder anti-tank ammo and casings aka 57 mm. The Canadians also used the 6-pounder in Italy for sniping at houses.

Also some 37 mm ammo and empty casings would be great for all of the 37 mm armed Commonwealth tanks including the Grants. Verlinden makes (made?) the 75 mm ammo.

Cheers from Peter

blimey, lots to think about here:

Erik, AMPS would be great, but the £800/ $1100 airfare might put a dent in my profits:idonno

Peter, 6pdr ammo is on my list to do as I also need 6pdr ammo for my churchill interior

Thanks for the 'big up' for ITA Jenny:laugh: In Verlinden's defence, most of their interiors were done years ago, and I think modelling is much like computers in that it is constantly improving and developing. I'm sure if they did a set know it would be awesome:)

As for T34 interiors, well AFV Club already do two T34 kits with full interiors. given how much it costs me to produce a kit, it would make mine more expensive as just an interior than an entire kit with interior from them. If I was buying I know what I'd spend my money on!

Kaleu, an interior for the Trumpeter KVIs is a definite possibility, especially as the trumpy kit is so cheap to start with

Dukwhunter, the BT7 is on my list for the future

Chris,
How about a KV-II interior? :eek:hmy:
No one has ever done it... (not sure anyone really knows what it looks like
so you can't be wrong) :hmmm I have a line drawing of what everyone that has seen
it, says it the prototype, but no one really knows for sure??? :idonno :idonno
Shawn

Yeah Peter , the Quad looks like having a revamp but I do not want to do a Quad , I want to do a M5 Kangaroo ...... :pp :pp :pp

Chris,

UE tractor interior is something I hope for (although already made by a French company though but it was originally intended for the RPM kit so not a correct fit to the Tamiya model).

KV interiors are a fabulous idea and keep it modular to make swapping inserts for the variants.

Leave the T-34 interiors alone. Trakz had/has a very good early T-34 interior for the Dragon kit. Verlinden has one (not so accurate) for the later Dragon kit. Tank Workshop has two for the Tamiya kit (fits Zvezda's kit very well too), while the AFV Club kits have good (far from perfect) interiors.

BT-7 interior is a good idea. Keep it modular and you may get a BT-5 interior out of the molds as well.

A concept started by the original Tank Workshop was (only enough for through the hatches). This made sets affordable and included the details near the hatches which, after placing a figure, was more than enough. For Shermans, breeches with guards plus details near the hatch entry for a 'Turret Set' (offer 75mm, 76mm, and 17Pdr), plus a hull hatch set module of transmission with seats and driver's panel plus a few sponson items. Again offer 75mm, 756mm , and 17Pdr.

Repeat above for other vehicles (including those already released since you have the masters to make the modules).

Don't forget the other new French tanks as many people want to show it blown up and an interior is mandatory.

Stick to WWII for now.

Regards,

Thanks for the suggestions guys:)

Massimo, although a sherman Kangaroo is an attractive idea in terms of the subjetc matter (allied and open top, perfect for interiors) I think I have only ever seen one or two for sale. I'm pretty sure its Out of Production and even if it wasn't, compared to the shermans available now it would be hopelessly out of date. Financially I don't think I could make it sell enough to make any moneyt on it.

A Kangaroo of some type could be done if I identify a suitable donor kit to make a conversion for though

Shawn, thanks for the offer, but there is just not enough info on the KVII interior to be able to do it.

Staghound interior Mr Knaus? check ;)

Saul, I already have the research for the UE, so it is in the queue

T34s are too well covered as you say (this is also the reason I don't do German buy the way)

I have to get a BT7 to ascertain the pheasibility. Not all kits are suitable in terms of the construction of the actual plastic, fo interiors. it looks like it is, but I have to have a look at it first

I may make kits modular, but part of what I wanted to do with the brand was to get a reputation as the guy with full interiors for allied tanks

I'm in the process of building Bronco's H38/39. It appears to be pretty basic and much of it is missing, so I my be tempted to do a more comprehensive kit in the future.

The char b interior is delayed AGAIN, but will be released this year. Look out for a full kit of a french tank from me soon, including interior. I anticipate this one will be popular;)

Back