• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Warren's Shelf Queen II

Thanks guys!

A quick update today, then I have to go put up some Christmas lights!

After my first round of decals, most are on now but I ran out of time! I decided not to model an actual plane from a photo or anything but to go with a "could have been" number (56).

The decals were a mix of Techmod, Aeroscale, Tamiya, etc... but they worked very well with some Micro set and sol!

Did a little more to the beaching trolley. I'm going to add some wooden planks on the outsides (just made from sheet styrene)...

and drill a few holes I saw in a reference photo

Thanks Christian and Dave!

A little more progress on the Jake,

Got all the decals on. Had to make the red and white trolley markers for the floats by cutting down a couple Hinomarus for the red, then cutting some rectangular white bits for the centres.

Then I finished widening the holes I drilled in the sides of the trolley and cut some little pieces off round stock styrene for some bolt heads, saw one of you guys do this but I forget who, (probably chuk or Terry).

It dresses it up a little more...

Thanks guys!

This one has been sitting on the sidelines for the last little bit. Almost time to call it finished...

I put the last of the pieces on tonight.

Pitot tube (used the kits because I didn't have any needles small enough)

The exhausts

The wheels are now on the trolley as well as these little pieces I saw in a reference photo

Trolley is done! Just needs paint!

So, after I paint the trolley and weather it a bit it should be finished by the next update!

All Done!

I learned the hard way that bare metal foil is terrible if you mask a canopy and then leave it for a couple years!! Also noticed that I forgot to paint the instrument panel cowl black..... :angry:

Tried to do a little chipping on the wings and body too, and I gave it my best to weather up the trolley.

Anyway, another one off the bench! A week left to finish up the Alf!

Back