• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USPS Lied on the tracking.

Heavens Eagle

OK folks, here is a lesson for everyone about our wonderful inept moronic US Postal Service. One of the folks on here contacted me about a figure that is now out of production. All that is good and it was shipped priority mail to where I work.
The business hours as posted are 9:30 to 5:30 though the boss is usually there late many nights.
The postal guy shows up at 8:17PM and the tracking states Delivery attempted -No access to delivery location.
So what does this rocket scientist do? He leaves the package on the porch of a JEWELRY STORE!
Yeah! Rare out of production figure is gone.

Here is a photo of the kit.
211655553_538663377491129_3114878582932701202_n.jpg

and a photo of what the finished figure can look like.

16177644_1148174551967705_7228451880486895728_o.jpg

Between the porch pirates and the ^*&%$$&*((&R idiots at the postal service why bother any more. It would have been safer coming to my house.

Last edited:
Oh man that's a crying shame. And think about what the jackass does with this when they open the box thinking it's jewelry.

I am sure it will all be on video. I will ask Anthony about looking at footage later today. Wonder how long it sat there before getting picked up. Unfortunately I didn't check the tracking until about 11 and that was almost 3 hours later. It should not have been just left.

That really sucks. Dimwhit should have thought twice about leaving a package at a jewelry store in the first place. I hope you find something in the video, but will the police even look?

James

damn that sucks! That won't comfort you but this happens here too, no difference, leaving all kind of packages at the front door, no matter it's raining or not.

It's not just the USPS..its all of them..back in December UPS left my model order at a random gate about 300 yards from where I live in the pouring rain...it set there for who knows how long before I found it. I guess I should count myself lucky that it was still there and there was minimal damage. Complaining will do no good. Like I said in my post with the shipping damage. No one gives a sh%t anymore. Sorry for your troubles. They will probably throw it in the trash.

USPS LIED TO ME!

Here is the follow up. None of this would have been posted if USPS had been honest with their tracking. The tracking posts are pretty much a sham to me at this point. See the attached screen capture from the tracking site. Note the date and times.
The package was ACTUALLY delivered about 11AM this morning. YAY in that it was not left as stated in the tracking. Horse manure as to all the shenanigans and grief it caused.

The good things that came from this are:
1 - Be sure to insure and on important stuff "REQUIRE" a signature.
2 - At least my local postal worker had more sense than many 5 star morons out there and did not leave the package as stated.
3 - Maybe it will keep someone from loosing a package that has a REALLY rare and desirable figure. As Jesse stated, we have to go and jump through hoops before and after the ship process. Many of those working in the shipping industry are conscientious about doing the right thing, but I have seen and am sure many of you have seen when they have really dropped the ball (or crate).
4 - The figure is safe in my happy (exhausted) little hands.

Here is the screen shot of the tracking page. I think anyone would have freaked out seeing this at 11PM!

USPS Lied.jpg

You ask why this was such a big deal? USPS actually left one of my packages at the front door once! The owner saw it when he was unlocking the front door and brought it in. No telling how long it had been sitting there.

Glad to hear the kit wasn't lost Paul! Stressful!!
Thanks Warren! I was glad as well. Turns out the owner was at work till almost 9 and no one came to the door. As I said before, USPS did one time leave a package at the front door. That was before the restaurants and apartments were built behind the store and there weren't any people wandering around. The package did arrive about 11am the following day, but the crap I dealt with overnight could have been avoided with a little truth.

UPS does the same thing here often. Tick the box that it was delivered when they are running behind so they don't get the red flag, then actually deliver it a day or 2 later. Annoying.

Glad the kit made it though...despite the grief.

Got a package recently that required a 21+ year old to sign for it.

Nobody was home. Package left under a chair on the front porch.

I think the only reason that the package wasn't left is that it is for a jewelry store and if it was actually left, a giant lawsuit could happen. USPS would loose that suit especially with the video we have on the doors and parking lot. They play games with the paper work, but the packages are delivered during business hours.

I had a similar situation, but mine is a case of lazy deliveryman. I live in a second story condo; you have to climb some stairs to a balcony to get to my front door. We have a 16-unit drop box in the alley where four buildings share the box, Once I got a slip in my drop box where all my mail is delivered saying that it was the third attempt and I had to go to the post office to get the package. That was the first attempt I ever saw! I went down there all right and gave the postal manager hell for it.

Back