• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Universal Carrier

sharkman

Master at Arms
Started this kit back in November for our annual club competition. Need to finish it by Feb. I had sworn that I wouldn't build another thing with tracks after I built that ASU-57 for Tony's SPG build followed by the Japanese Type 1 with the Fruil tracks that completely turned me off but I was looking for something different (the theme is Canadian) and found out that FC Model Trend made full 3D printed tracks and bogies so I was sold!

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

The tracks are lovely and 1 piece!

IMG_4475.JPG

Got most of the body together and painted and was starting on the figures

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

Also wanted to branch out and work a bit on a display base. So I got some small crusher dust and glued it to a wood plaque. Just working on painting it up right now

IMG_4473.JPG

Doesn't look like much at the moment....

IMG_4478.JPG

More to come!

Thanks!

Picked out a few details and started painting up the figures. I definitely need to put more work into figures!

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

The gentleman second in from the left was from the Quad kit I was working on. He originally was in shorts but I used some putty to fill in his pants. Then gently carved out his hands to get him to hold the knife and canteen from this kit.

I skipped a bunch the last couple weeks but this was close to completion..

I scrapped off the molded wire to the lights and replaced it with lead wire, added a brass antenna wire and then tried some weathering

IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_4504.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

Here's the final product! Canadian 2nd Infantry Division, Europe, WWII

Happy with it and thankful for the 1 piece tracks. It was fun trying a bit of a display base too.
(I need to invest in a new picture set-up; lights and background).

IMG_4519.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

Back