• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Universal Carrier FINISHED

Nice! The proverbial "sow's ear into a silk purse"! Your extra work on the radio really looks the part, too, and adds a lot of detail.

WOW!!!!!

neat stuff on what I always thought was a neat little machine. In the book "Flamethrower!" The author describes seeing a group of these vehicles under a tree, and asks another tanker "What are they doing there?" and the man responds "They send those out to fin the Jerries. Those that don't come back, that's how they know where the Jerries are." GULP.....

Man that looks great Paddy. Love all the little details that you've added here and I like your point about not having to spend alot to have hours of fun. It was a lesson I learned the hard way a few years back.

Cute! A very nice little model!
I remember footage of the two guys that started Land Rover driving their little universal carrier around on their farm from my days as a parts manager. :vgood:

View attachment 132372View attachment 132373View attachment 132374View attachment 132375View attachment 132376View attachment 132377View attachment 132378View attachment 132379

so this is my little Bren Gun carrier with radio, a fantastic little kit from Tamiya proving you dont have to spend a lot to have hours of fun.
I think i would have preferred to do it in Desert colours but the object was to try out basic olive drab paintwork. drab is harder to do and harder to photograph IMHO as someone who knows nothing about building armour :)
I dont really like the elastic band tracks, maybe i was spoilt by doing the plastic track on the valentine first.
this is basically OTB but i did add some detail to the radio and a couple of hooks to hang a helmet and rucksack, the tow line is wire because the string supplied looked like string :) I also added leads from the aerial's to the radioView attachment 132380
Wow Sir, that is simply gorgeous work!

Back