• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpy 1/24 Spitfire M k Vb/VI

Paulw

I received this kit from a friend last Christmas and since I have been having Murphy strike with most every kit that I have started I wanted to go with something I think I can see as well as maybe finish.

I started the pit and before I got too far I went a bought the Grey Matter seat for this buggar. The fit was terrible but after some Okie engineering I got it to behave. I had some decals left over from the Big Tiffie-I'll finish that later-and all I have left to do with that is some touch up paint Sutton harness and clear parts for the sight and a decal for the compass.

I then began the engine and got the fire wall cut in and some of the vinyl parts installed. I am hoping I can get everything to work out and if I do I can say my problem with Murphy's Law is over.

I'm right there with you on the seeing .... Great looking pit & motor ... Hang in there my friend ... :popcorn

Not much to see here now. I have the seat in the pit relocated and some details on the engine fixed and I am ready to sew it up permanently. The next step is the wings. I may just have them done tomorrow evening.

I built this kit - it's a bit of a dog. If you're careful with the wings they fit nicely - but it's easy to mess the fit up and you'll be in for a year of puttying and sanding

To help prevent big gaps i n the wing root I taped an area along the root and then installed the upper wing first and glued it from the bottom inside joints. After it cured for a day I sanded it down fairly well and dry fit the lower wing to see how bad of a gap I would have. It's not too bad a fit so far. The only huge gap I have found was in the bottom to fuse fit in the rear of the part.
Now the rudder and the elevators are another issue all together since the stitching pattern sticks out like an axe in the fore head. With those I am going to see if i can sand them down a bit to a more acceptable appearance.

Back