• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpy 1/24 Spitfire M k Vb/VI

Very Good fit on the Wings Paul ... I'll have to figure out your method a bit better ... those 1/24's may be harder to fit or have bigger gap trouble ... Being a Trumpy kit ... the Texas is the 1st one of those I've built .... I'm very impressed with their work compared to some others ... I'm working on ... Good Luck and Carry on ... :ro: :dude (y)

Good root Paul. You don't think a couple of layers of primer will make that textile look more subtle?

Well, this leaves me with the question of how do the aileron, flaps and upper/lower panel lines line up together after your method for reducing the wing gaps ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Pretty good, Chris. All the panel lines line up well but there is just a tiny bit of over lap on one wing tip. a gap of about 11/32 inch on the rear part of the lower wing assembly to the fuse but it is real straight and shouldn't be much of a problem to fill. Ailerons and flaps fit poifekly. I never put the hinges in because it reminds me of the old revell and monogram kits of the 60's and 70's.

Pretty good, Chris. All the panel lines line up well but there is just a tiny bit of over lap on one wing tip. a gap of about 11/32 inch on the rear part of the lower wing assembly to the fuse but it is real straight and shouldn't be much of a problem to fill. Ailerons and flaps fit poifekly. I never put the hinges in because it reminds me of the old revell and monogram kits of the 60's and 70's.

Good, I find that much easier to fix than non matching lines.

Pretty much a mystery to me how plastic kits can fit so well in one section and be so poor in another section of the same part.

Do you think maybe the fuselage is a need a bit of forcing out due to being squeezed in ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Good, I find that much easier to fix than non matching lines.

Pretty much a mystery to me how plastic kits can fit so well in one section and be so poor in another section of the same part.

Do you think maybe the fuselage is a need a bit of forcing out due to being squeezed in ?

Cheers, Christian B)

I think I can somewhat answer that question... I use to work for Reno Plastics (Reno,NV) back in the early 80s making (of all things) Lee Press-on Nails. Injection moulds are pretty neat to operate, you close it up & the mould automatically fills with hot plastic & each cycle is on a timer, when it goes off, you open it up, the sprue tree drops into a bin & you run through the cycle again. Sometimes the operator will open a little too soon which causes a slight warping effect,or, slight stretching which quality control is supppose to catch...

Ah, interesting. At least it's not the same as the resin shrinking.

Guess it's the mighty dollar of quick production.

Now that you mentioned Reno, I wonder if you know my friend John that manufactured parts for the gambling industry .

Cheers, Christian B)

Ah, interesting. At least it's not the same as the resin shrinking.

Guess it's the mighty dollar of quick production.

Now that you mentioned Reno, I wonder if you know my friend John that manufactured parts for the gambling industry .

Cheers, Christian B)

Resin is a whole nuther ball of wax. Haven't done any resin casting myself. Dunno if I do or not. PM me & we'll see...

VVVVRRRRRRRRRROOOOMMMMMMM :pilot

It's getting there.

I forgot to put the empty shell chutes for the 20mm in the wing before I closed it up. Since I am not showing the gun bays I abstained from installing the guns and stuff like that. Before you guys go and start second guess me all I will do is install the barrels in the wings. This kept me from snapping them off in the fury of FSR. I still have some work to do on the leading edges and some gaps in various panels.

I guess it is time to look to see what I want to do as a scheme for this thing, maybe an Aussie bird or U.S. I may go with a captured one also but what ever I do I am going to be close to authentic.
I do have tons of hakenkruze and balkenkruze decals that may do the job on the latter.

Thanks to every one for all the kind comments and inquires, they are really appreciated.

I usually use Vallejo black or grey surface primer on most of my builds but I got this black gloss stuff the last time I bought some. I was pleasantly surprised with the out come. I shot it too far away and too wet but it still came out pretty good. Then I laid down the closest stuff I had to sea grey which was US blue grey. Well it looks OK from here and now all I have to do is figure out the shade of green I want since most of my green stuff is RLM I may have to come up with something close.

TIFN

Back