• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Torpedo campaign

Further to that I kind of like the one Piet showed. Should be easy and there is room for some extra detail although this is a real basic boat.
James

From what I've seen on the Hunley, there wasn't much, just a few valves & seats...

Flagship Models has a CSS Hunley kit, and according to the homepage, they also have a CSS David torpedo boat.

CSS Hunley

CSS David

I recently picked up a 1/48 S-3 kit, so I'd have something else besides my 1/32 TBM to do for this campaign. Very hot to build this one, so I'd probably do the S-3 instead of the TBM. Not quite ready I think to try doing the TBM yet.

Further to that I kind of like the one Piet showed. Should be easy and there is room for some extra detail although this is a real basic boat.
James

From what I've seen on the Hunley, there wasn't much, just a few valves & seats...

From what got as a kit from Verlinden ....... It's a very nice kit ...... I'll do it right ...... Hey fellews ..... I've been though the ringer this week ..... Thanks for your + comments ...... The H.L. Huntley was the 1st Submarine to score a sinking ...... In a navel battle ...... You may even say she was a stealth Sub sure a few valves and seats ....... But the propulsion system was very quite ....... A crank ran from front to back ....... Turned by the crew ...... Which turned the screw ...... That being said I'll do this kit ...... I hate CA ...... I'm old school Orange tube Testors cement ......... I watched a Netflix movie called " Tie Secret weapons of the cofederacy " ....... Very interesting ..... This is why I want to do the Joe thing ....... Thanks Ed & Adam for the modeling link to the David "Dad's Name " I have that one in my wharehouse ...... I'll need a styrene one for the cutaway ....... :captain

James

From what got as a kit from Verlinden ....... It's a very nice kit ...... I'll do it right ...... Hey fellews ..... I'be been though the ringer this week ..... Thanks for your+ comments ...... The H.L. Huntley was the 1st Submarine to score a sinking ...... In a navel battle ...... You may even say she was a stealth Sub sure a few valves and seats ....... But the propulsion system was very quite ....... A crank ran from front to back ....... Turned by the crew ...... Which turned the screw ...... That being said I'll do this kit ...... I hate CA ...... I'm old school Orange tube Testors cement ......... I watched a Netflix movie called " Tie Secret weapons of the cofederacy " ....... Very interesting ..... This is why I want to do the Joe thing ....... Thanks Ed, James & Adam for the modeling link to the David "Dad's Name " I have that one in my wharehouse ...... I'll need a styrene one for the cutaway ....... :captain

James

From what got as a kit from Verlinden ....... It's a very nice kit ...... I'll do it right ...... Hey fellews ..... I'be been though the ringer this week ..... Thanks for your+ comments ...... The H.L. Huntley was the 1st Submarine to score a sinking ...... In a navel battle ...... You may even say she was a stealth Sub sure a few valves and seats ....... But the propulsion system was very quite ....... A crank ran from front to back ....... Turned by the crew ...... Which turned the screw ...... That being said I'll do this kit ...... I hate CA ...... I'm old school Orange tube Testors cement ......... I watched a Netflix movie called " Tie Secret weapons of the cofederacy " ....... Very interesting ..... This is why I want to do the Joe thing ....... Thanks Ed, James & Adam for the modeling link to the David "Dad's Name " I have that one in my wharehouse ...... I'll need a styrene one for the cutaway ....... :captain

Resin & Orange tube glue don't work too good. Yer betta off using CA or Super glue Gerry... :frantic

James

Resin & Orange tube glue don't work too good. Yer betta off using CA or Super glue Gerry... :frantic

That hunley looks like a nice kit! Just make sure you don't glue your fingers together!!

Thanks Warren ...... I'll try not too .... Like I said Ed ..... I'm a old school Testors Orange tube man ...
. But I know to use CA on resin ...... I do so hate CA ....... I can look at a bottle open it and it's already on my elbows ....... :rotf

It's not on the schedule yet, need one more vote

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/149720-modelers-alliance-campaign-schedule-2015-updated?start=48#222477

It's not on the schedule yet, need one more vote

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/149720-modelers-alliance-campaign-schedule-2015-updated?start=48#222477

I'll be in if its on the schedule next year. I have a couple kits in the stash that will work.

I would prefer later, but I'll do what I can, looking over the Grace and the Jill kits, they don't really seem overly complex and will be strictly OOB for me (if I can remember how to do such a thing :pp ).

Thanks Warren ...... I'll try not too .... Like I said Ed ..... I'm a old school Testors Orange tube man ...
. But I know to use CA on resin ...... I do so hate CA ....... I can look at a bottle open it and it's already on my elbows ....... :rotf

Not suprizing thar Gerry!! :rotf :rotf Needta git that on video & U-tube it... :eek:ldguy :rotf :rotf

I would prefer later, but I'll do what I can, looking over the Grace and the Jill kits, they don't really seem overly complex and will be strictly OOB for me (if I can remember how to do such a thing :pp ).

:gogo :idonno iffin' ya kin do OOB!! :hmmm :popcorn :yipee

What is the definition of a Torpedo ??? I found a very nice steam powered Ironclad Ram ... and was wondering if that would qualify ... :captain

Back