• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Torpedo campaign

Does it have a torpedo?

Not really it did have four Brooks rifles and is a waterline ship the ram is at waterline ... :hmmm just wondering I could build it for the shipbuilders ribbon ... Because the Hunley had a device but not nessesarily a torpedo ... :idonno

The Hunley's device most certainly was a torpedo. Not in the terms we would use today but closer to the mines they use to call torpedoes back in 1860s. When Farragut commanded "Damn the torpedoes!" he was talking about contact mines.

Yes, you can do the Ironclad for the Shipbuilders, it's wide open with no end date. (y)

Torpedoes have several meanings, Gerry. All of them emerged from the eel like fish called a torpedo ray. In early times like the American civil war they were designated as mines and later around the beginning of the 20th century is when they were automated and self propelled.

Ok I get it ... Just because a hole is ripped in the side of a ship and so.is it must be an explosion ... So I'll build the ship over in shipbuilders which I already signed in for a BB-35 there but if I do two do I get two ribbons??? ... :rotf

Well the USS Texas BB-35 may take awhile, I choose that one trumpy 1/350 because it will be a long build for me since I have such a reverance for this grand lady, there is another, Texas that I found today, that also want to build ... It is a resin 1/192 kit ... The 1st Texas won't be here until Sept ... I found another one the other day and I will have to call about it tomorrow ... To see if I can get it from supplier .... :woohoo: :idonno :hmmm B)

The Hunley's device most certainly was a torpedo. Not in the terms we would use today but closer to the mines they use to call torpedoes back in 1860s. When Farragut commanded "Damn the torpedoes!" he was talking about contact mines.

Yes, you can do the Ironclad for the Shipbuilders, it's wide open with no end date. (y)

B) (y)

Could do sept as a start date though would prefer a little later in the year myself.....

The Sharkman has come up for air and has spoken! (y)

Been a busy man! Have some renos on the go, going back to work the week after next and currently on vacation. Honestly, anytime the majority wants to start I'll be in. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in because my summers are crazy at work!

I've had a bit of a change of heart, instead of building the FW 190 A-5/U14, I think I'm going to build an avenger.

I have an Accurate Miniatures bagged kit with some Techmod decals and a True Details Mk13.

Nice choice! (y) (y) I have heard that the gunner's turret is a bit difficult to install. I think Paul W did one awhile back...i

I like this ... Now is this campaign a go as Mr. T & I tried to vote it over the top ... But there's no button to press that would make 11 votes ... :idonno :hmmm :popcorn

Back