• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Torpedo campaign

No it's not on the schedule.

October or November, will that be ok?

Hey Terry, can you update your chart for us? (y)

Further to that I kind of like the one Piet showed. Should be easy and there is room for some extra detail although this is a real basic boat.
James

From what I've seen on the Hunley, there wasn't much, just a few valves & seats...

From what got as a kit from Verlinden ....... It's a very nice kit ...... I'll do it right ...... Hey fellews ..... I'be been though the ringer this week ..... Thanks for your+ comments ...... The H.L. Huntley was the 1st Submarine to score a sinking ...... In a navel battle ...... You may even say she was a stealth Sub sure a few valves and seats ....... But the propulsion system was very quite ....... A crank ran from front to back ....... Turned by the crew ...... Which turned the screw ...... That being said I'll do this kit ...... I hate CA ...... I'm old school Orange tube Testors cement ......... I watched a Netflix movie called " Tie Secret weapons of the cofederacy " ....... Very interesting ..... This is why I want to do the Joe thing ....... Thanks Ed, James & Adam for the modeling link to the David "Dad's Name " I have that one in my wharehouse ...... I'll need a styrene one for the cutaway ....... :captain

Resin & Orange tube glue don't work too good. Yer betta off using CA or Super glue Gerry... :frantic

That hunley looks like a nice kit! Just make sure you don't glue your fingers together!!

Thanks Warren ... I have the Verlinden H.L. Hunley Kit in my Stash at Home ... I'm just waiting for someone to start this ... So I can Pull the trigger ... :good:

I'm still tryin' ta decide what ta do fer this when she kicks off!! a 1/72 Revell PT-109 or, my 1/48 Monogram TBD-1 in yeller wings... :idonno :unsure: :frantic

Hmmm, Thinking....

Was going to do the SM-79 for the Bummer 2 campaign. It was considered a bomber and then a torpedo bomber. Could do either of these campaigns I guess. :hmmm

I could maybe do the Mitchell for the bomber campaign though the engine FUBAR with it has put me off. I have a sort of solution to that though. Get a TBM kit and cast the engine parts that I would need. Since no one has awakened to the fact that HK B-25 engines are crap and made some decent R-2600 AM engines for it. :bang head :bang head

Well I will think about it some more. :hmmm

Going to have to be a year if you want me to do anything for it. That big dang PT boat ain't gonna built itself.

A year is just fine with me! I have so much on the go right now I'm a little :frantic

Ed. I originally proposed anything that dropped, shot, carried, launched, pushed, towed, pulled, whatever a torpedo! That's the only rule!

Tried to make it easy and inclusive!

Just thinking about the ribbon for this and thought some sort of cartoonish, anthropomorphic torpedo might do.

Found this Disney nose art image on the web, I suspect though that we couldn't use something like this???

:laugh:

Heck, the Arizona originally had torpedos. During the 1931 upgrade they were removed. Way too much work to backdate it.

Yeah Paul,

Anything with torpedoes! Could even use this as an excuse to build a Sci Fi project, photon and proton torpedoes count too!

Back