• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tom Kat

Big10

Yup, just another Mustang. As mentioned previously, this one is Eduard's boxing Tales of Iwo Jima. Eduard provides no decals for the option for the one I am doing. It took a little doing with my cameo and software to design the mask for the green bands. In my opinion, Eduard really should had made some decals for the green bands for the average modelers.
FB_IMG_1623072095200.jpg
FB_IMG_1623072086665.jpg

Thanks, whole lot of trial and error. Used Gunze Mr. Metal Color Aluminum for the main. Its okay but defiantly not Model Master stuff.

Thanks all, this go around I tried Gunze Mr. Metal aluminum sprayed directly onto model instead of dry brush. After that, I used my buff wheel to start bringing out the shine but found this stuff to leave a residue worse than my model master stuff. I used some metalizier sealer from model master to coat it. That stopped the residue but now im getting certain areas of the sealer chipping. The problem is nothing will stick to that base aluminum coat as it is constantly leaving that metalic residue.

It really does look great but man is it finicky the more you touch and handle the model.
IMG_20210614_214551.jpg

Almost there. The anti-sway brace were made out of plywood. Used some old wood grain decals I had for the effect.
IMG_20210620_125502~2.jpg

Back