• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

No sir, no problem at all. Which only confirms to me that AlcladII really is for small surfaces. My problem has always been trying to do large surfaces in one fell swoop.

6jEfzOc.jpg

Wasn't much time on the bench this week, got there today.

h0e26e12.jpg

Reading ahead on the instructions and it's calling for tools to be added to the hull right away. Should I? were the tools painted over in place when they camoed this? :soldier

My guess is the answer is maybe and maybe not. Was it painted and the camo job done in the field? Then probably some of the tools (and dirt and other stuff) would have probably been painted over. In '44 and '45 things were getting real tight on resources and time.

I am sure either way you do it would be correct for some tank out there.

I usually leave them off to paint the hull, paint the tools, then add the appropriate color to the clasps and brackets by brush painting. :good:

Thanks Mike. Spent the day playing armorer.

Think I'm done inside.
h2c3c243.jpg

h2bd0152.jpg

h697ca09.jpg

h2f0eddf.jpg

I painted the inside of the hull Red Oxide but not sure I'm gonna knock myself out weathering it, with the angles and stuff inside, you can't see the inside of the upper.

Thanks Mike, I think the pace will pick up now. I got the road wheels to install and tracks plus the upper hull and turret to get working on, Might be able to do multiple things at this point.

Back