• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

Excellent kit Chris, could really be a good base for someone super detailing or knocking something out.

Excellent kit Chris, could really be a good base for someone super detailing or knocking something out.

I just noticed it's a Takom kit. This has me hopeful, as I snagged a Chieftain Mk2 & Chieftain SPAAG (both by Takom) on sale last week. I intend on trying to expand my horizons a bit at some point.....honest. :blush:

I certainly don't expect them to be quite the full bit kit this one is...but hoping for something fairly decent anyways.

Thank you all for the really kind comments. I'm humbled.... :blush:

Getting on track now...get it..tracks..

ha9c7116.jpg

I'm opting for the Friuls. Nothing really wrong with the kit tracks but the Friuls are far more detailed, 5 pieces for each track, interlocking links to make up a run. Really nice and no ejection marks to clean up! I know I'm getting real drape look with real metal.

I've got about a half a run on one side done. Gotta get some more brass rod, I like the .51 rod over the thinner stuff that Friul sends, tighter joint.

This is where I have stalled on all my tanks as of late, the tracks. I need to get over that hurdle. :smack

This is really coming along nicely Bob. like others have said, one of your best!

Mike

Mike as I was told, just sit down and do 5 at a time. I did some weathering on the wheels between sessions. They'll be knocked out before next weekend. :soldier

B) Great work MP.....and I thought you were a plane guy!
Those massive drive transmissions tended to be blue or green - just thought I would let you know. Check my 17cm Grille dio if you want to check the color.

Ian.

Thanks Ian, guess I'll have to live with it as is, i'm pressing forward, the green would be more interesting though. Not sure how much of the tranny will be visible once I get the upper installed.

Re the tools. I install them all, before paint. You can easily mask under them with thin paper masks. This way tool clamps match the tank color and weathering.

Back