• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Place is a ZOO !

Hey Everybody ,

Thanx for th kind words !! :v I would like to add that IF you do use th AK stuff ( which is very easy to work with !!) Use Their Mineral Spirits. I used Turpenoid & It's taken 4 days to dry :woohoo: & After watching MIG work @ the AMPS show this past April - the FX coupled with Their MIneral Spirits dry in virtually minutes ! A Big Plus especially if you are cutting it close for a Deadline !! :v :Hiay - I also wanto Note - That I tied some Testors Enamel Thinner ( Thinking - What's th difference?) as a test on the bottom of the Elephant .... It ate through th paint ( A Great Chipping FX , but that's not what I was after) . :blink - My conclusion - the Testors Enamel thinner made it a "Hot Enamel" - at least that was My experience.

I really loved th Fx I got with Their stuff !! I highly Recommend it !! Plus They've just released some New "Colors". I'll post some more pix after I shoot some Vallejo Flat on th Elephant to dull th sheen left by th Turpenoid.

:dude

O.K. .... Here is Smedley in all of Her Glory .. I'm callin' this one Done !! I've finished streaking th Panzer, Then I hit it with Vallejo Matt Varnish - to knock off the sheen left behind as a result from using Turpenoid to aid in streaking - I would use th AK Mineral Spirit next time as it took 4 days for th Turp. to fully cure ! I added some ModelMakerZ pigments - European Dirt. .....

Elephant_right_side_finished.JPG

Elephant_Drivers_side_finished.JPG

Elephant_rear_finished.JPG

Here's th Rear ... The Gothic U was placed by th unit - as identification of the Kompanie Commander - Ulbrecht , Hand painted using Vallejo German White.

DSC08212.JPG

Elephant_roof_closeup_finished_.JPG

Added some streaking to th roof.

Elephant_front_deck_finished.JPG

DSC08220.JPG

The Tow cables were hand twisted from .01" Fly Tying wire found at a local Sporting Goods shop in th Fly Fishing section, while there I also picked up some .01" copper tying wire. - Awesome Stuff !!! It comes on a spool like sewing thread !!

DSC08223%7E0.JPG

The Jack Bracket is kit supplied P.E. - chipped with Vallejo German Camo Black/Brown

Elephant_Roof_finished.JPG

This kit was a lot of Fun. It's actually th 1st. Panzer in a Long while where I didn't use a Major P.E. set ... & I really didn't miss it ! :v

Great looking beast Erik...even with the zim! :laugh: I really like the dusty look of the tracks.

Tom

Hey GUYS,

Thanx for th Kind Words !! Especially TomN ( considering how much you like Zimmerit :D ) I appreciate all of th Kind Words !!

@ BoB ! Thank You Very Much ! It's always nice to get some kind words from 1) A Legend , 2) One of My Major Influences in this Hobby !!

I'm glad you Guys liked it !! ..... And now to get back on the Monroe Perdue Build ... That's due in Sept. right ... kinda .. something like that ... :blink

Thanx again Guys!!! :ro: :ro:

yo erik - i wanted to reply way earlier and always royally messed up to answer! my fault! :blush:

lovely build! great job! top ace result!

what's next on your bench?

:drinks

Hey LAURA ,

Were you celebrating th 4th of July with US ? I too got a lil' tipsy !!! :drinks

Thanx for th Kind Words !!

What's next - ... I think I better make some more head way on this Monroe Perdu Build I've got planned out !!

- https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/monroe-perdu-reloaded-well-done/60989-wittmans-last-drink-aug-8th-44

With any luck, It'll coincide with Wittmann's anniversary of His passing ? ( Aug. 8th) It's ambitious . I really what it finished by th Cut-Off !!

I guess it's gonna be A-Holes & Elbows !! :woohoo: A hefty amount of figures too !!

Then there's th Hot Rod G.B. .... the Blitzkrieg G.B. .... Oh ..th Overlord G.B. .... My whole Next year is planned out !! :gogo

Besides that Awesome Howitzer & HT .... What do you have on Your Bench ?

:v :drinks

pretty full dancing card erik!

Besides that Awesome Howitzer & HT .... What do you have on Your Bench ?

just the alan Panzer 2c but that one stays put aside and as soon as i have finished the ht&howitzer and claimed my ribbon i'll start the Tristar Panzer 38(t) Ausf. B and do the planned dio and figures for the ht&howitzer relaxed and easy going as a side project ...

Back