• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Place is a ZOO !

I like it! Are you planning to outline the spots? The washes should really make the zimmerit show up!! Looking forward to the rest of the story! (y)

[
I shall translate that into Erik talk

Yeah baby ! rock on dude ! wahooo :D :dance :ro: :ro:

(y) :D I love it !! ANDY you know Me too well Ma' Brotha' from a British Motha' !! :ro:

Thanx Guys for th Kind Words.

@ MIKE - I have no plans to outline the Spots, as all of the Photographic intel I have on these Elephants in Italy from th 653rd. 1st. Kompanie , have all Green spots, Lines & variations there of ! Here is a Photo that I drew My inspiration from.

Italian_Elephant_653rd__MUNCH.jpeg

Th pix in Karl-Heinz Munch's Combat History of the 653rd. Chapter on 1st. Kompanie in Italy - There are very few Clear pix where you can see th Camo. From this one posted ,it appears that all of th spots are one color. Of the accounts & descriptions there in, They were Green. Now ... all of the Camo in Italy WAS Field Applied as These Elephants arrived from The Nibelungen Werks ( Austria) directly to th 653rd. In Italy .The Camo & Tactical Numbers were Field Applied. There are No Unit Insignia nor Balkenkreuz , save for a Gothic U on the Upper Rear of the superstructure of the Elephant - U = Ulbrecht - Kompanie Commander in Italy.

I didn't say they were wrong, I was just asking if you were going any further. The outlined spots would have been pretty artsy for a field applied paint job. The trouble with writing is that the subtly of a question gets lost. Carry on, it's looking great!

MIKE,

It's all Good ! I didn't think that you were grilling Me . I just ended up getting Long Winded, with th explanation. I do like those Outlined Spots. I have a Picture of a Panther from Kursk - 2nd SS, Das Reich & a Grenadier in th foreground , the Panther has the "Giraffe" spots & the Grenadier has the Oak tree camo & it's an Awesome lookin picture !!

:drinks :drinks

Here;s another quick lil' UP-Date . I've started to Weather Smedley. I'm using AK Interactive's Grime for Dark Yellow Vehicles. I didn't have any of AK's Mineral Spirits, so I used some Turpinoid which left it a touch glossy, that will be remedied with a light misting of Vallejo's Matt Varnish.

Here's th process that I used, remembering this is th 1st. time I've used the AK system.
1) I misted a couple of coats of Vallejo Satin
2) Dry brushed th vehicle with Tamiya Dark Yellow, & chipped th vehicle with Vallejo's German Camo Black/Brown
3) Misted 2 more coats of Satin on to protect that.
4) Streaked with AK Interactive's Grime (for Dark Yellow Vehicles)
5) Coming back at intervals with Turpinoid (Blue Tin) to thin & aid in the Streaks - Meaning that I would streak a section of the Superstructure, let it rest for a couple of Minutes, come back with a moist chisel brush( using th thin side) & streak as well as clean off some of th Grime. Barely touching it, moving in a down stroke motion. Drying time seemed to be Over Night.

Baring in mind, I've only done the two sides & have not moved to the Front, Rear, or Top.

Hopefully You Dig it ! Questions ? Feel free to fire for effect !!

Elephant_Right_side_dirty_Zimm_.JPG

Elephant_Driver_s_side_streaked.JPG

Elephant_Drivers_side_Zimm_Streaked.JPG

Here's a better look at th Dirty Zimm.

Elephant_right_side_Closeup_of_th_Zimm_streakin__.JPG

Elephant_Commander_s_cupola_weathered.JPG

Here's a look at some of th chipping that's taken place around th Commander's Cupola, & th Streaking.

Elephant_fron_Fender_closeup.JPG

You can see th Damaged fender that still needs some weathering, & some of th Wash & chipping that's taken place to the Tow Brackets & the other fender

Elephant_Engine_Hatches_chipped.JPG

A Close-Up of the Hatches that have been chipped & scratched, & worn by the Crew ... No wash has been added yet

Elephant_Crew_area_chipped.JPG

A shot from th Driver's side.

Elephant_Roof_Hatches_Chipped.JPG

Some of the wear & chipping that's taken place on th Roof. I haven't washed it yet but I have washed some of th Grime into th Weld Joints on th roof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_gK3Zz608&feature=related

Hey Everybody ,

Thanx for th kind words ..... MOONIE - Yeah .. It's gettin down to th wire !! I'll have it 100% by Thursday !!

:drinks

Oh Yeah I like That Erik :woohoo:

It's a matter of taste but I would go with a little more pin wash around things to make em jump out at me.

Tony lee

Hey TONY,

I've taken note. I'm goin' back in adding some more to it. I just wanted to see how it sets up & make sure that I didn't get too dark with it.

One thing to note : It does dry a touch darker than what it looks like when it goes on.

Thanx for th kind words !

Back