• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Place is a ZOO !

DSC06112.JPG

I'll follow this process :
1) I'll paint th periscopes in Tamiya Clear Green
2) Then painting everything but th Lenses in Tamiya Chrome Silver
3) Followed by painting over th Chrome with Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black
I've noticed that this acts like a Mirror ( on th inside) & reflects light thorough th Periscopes, simulating illumination & gets them to stand out !

Great tip on using the chrome silver in that way,Erik!(y)
Thanks for sharing this one with us!

Greetings,Ron.

That's really coming out nice,it's a great kit ,I built it for the x-tremely heavy group build and it went together great,but why did you buy an AM barrel when it came with a metal barrel ?

That's really coming out nice,it's a great kit ,I built it for the x-tremely heavy group build and it went together great,but why did you buy an AM barrel when it came with a metal barrel ?

I had th Barrel laying around & didn't want to use th Styrene Muzzle brake .. & The RB Barrel is Actually th Correct Length ... by a few mm's .

MIKE,

Why .. Yess Sir. I've painted th tracks in the Vallejo Primer -Black, & I have shot th lower hull & I'm starting to weather it & then I'll get th wheels & weathered trax on. Then I can shoot th camo on th upper hull & finish her off. I'm also waiting on some decals a Friend of mine is sending. I found that Ordinance Depot used to make a set - The History of the 653rd. An Awesome Sheet- 8x11 & it came with a 5 page history on the unit & had decals covering the entire unit - Kursk ferdies all th way through til th end of th war Jagd-Tigers. Too bad this business went out of business in '95. They have some #'s pertaining to th Italian Elephants. Now he's not parting with th whole set :pinch: But He is Kind enough to send me a set of th #'s for My Elephant. Man ! If someone would only pick up where Ordinance Depot has left off - another friend of mine showed Me a set for Tigers in Italy - again th decal sheet was 8x11 ( aprox) with a multi-page history of the units there & which decals go where ! Unbelievable decals ! I was told that th decals are Ultra Thin & are Waaaay Awesome !!!

Once I get th weathering done on th Elephant's lower hull , th Fenders on & the Camo done I'll post. I'll take pix while I'm doing th painting & weathering th road wheels & trax. Then post pix of th Weathering to th whole vehicle.

Oh ! To have more time on th Bench .....

Brilliant work, Erik! I love the way you think things through- the silver lining on the periscopes is nothing short of brilliant.

Cheers!
chuk

CHUK,

High Praise !! :notworthy Thank You much Sir !! Thank You on th periscopes - It's a concept that I just kinda' stumbled into. Of course it would really Pop If it was led lit from inside. or that might be too much light ? That'll be one to think about .... If I could figure out how to pull off a Night Time Dio ...

Thanx CHUK !!! It means a lot coming from ya' !! Now .. You're making Me blush :blush:

Pix will be up soon on th Lower Hull ... I'm in th midst of Hittin Her with some of AK Interactive's Dark Mud FX. I'm lovein' it !!! I can't get too Muddy .... These :mpup only topped out at about 20mph :woohoo: Not too much Mud splatter - Plus the Crews noted in the Combat History of the 653rd. That They had to stick to th Roads in Italy b/c at that time - It was raining a lot in Italy & this 90 ton beast would sink & bottom out in th Mud .... Recovery was a Biatch !

@ MIKE - Radio ... you hear a Radio ? -
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env5iMrBjws

yeah Erik you wouldnt catch me doing that,...

Much !:D

Aw ... C'mon ANDY ... I bet you wore Platform Boots , Scared th Old Laddies. & had long hair ... Rockin' out !!!

Oh ... wait ... were you talkin' about KISS .. ?

:ro:

I was talking about the pictures,...you must have hair in your eyes :mpup

Actually I did have long hair high heeled boots then I saw the light and became a punk rocker

safety pin anyone ?

Here's a short Update on Smedley - th Italian Elephant courtesy of the 653rd.
I've got th Camo on, Trax, Periscopes are in. Now all I have left to do is touch up a little of theOverSPray, fix some loose trax, apply th Decals & Weather !! So ... On with th Show !

DSC08104.JPG

DSC08102.JPG

DSC08103.JPG

Here I still have to finish th damage on the right fender, where Smedley had hit a MIne :bang head

DSC08105.JPG

DSC08106.JPG

DSC08108.JPG

Here the Periscopes are installed into th Driver's hatch

DSC08109.JPG

Here th periscopes in th Commander's hatch.

DSC08100.JPG

Here is th treatment to the Periscopes. It was shot with AlClad Transparent Green, Model Master Chrome, & then Vallejo games Negro ( which is a little on th semi-gloss side)

DSC08101.JPG

DSC08113.JPG

The Tow Cables are Hand twisted ,using .01" Lead Fly Fishing wire. I took 4 strands & twisted them together. The Tow ends are from th kit . They received Tamiya Dark Yellow, dry brushed with Vallejo German Camo Black/Brown , & Poly-S Faded Aluminium . The Tow Shackles are kit supplied & are painted with German Camo Black/Brown & dry brushed with Poly-S Faded Aluminum

That's about it. I'll post some more when I get th decals, & weathering down !!

Back