• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

Things going slow now. Started the rib tapes. Man this is tedious.

DSC03071.JPG

This a/c used the light blue tapes.

DSC03070.JPG

This is just before I finished the bottom of the bottom wing. There are still about 20 small markings to go on for hand holds etc. Got the outer tapes on the top of the top wing. I'm finding the lozenge decals lifting in a couple of places as I handle this. Very annoying, but so far have been able to fix them.
James

Thanks Tony. Yeah it really makes a dazzling paint job even more interesting. I found I could sit upstairs ad do this while surfing the web without it bothering me too much. So will plug away.
James

:coolio
Looking good James - the yellow is great. The staining and dirt will go very well with this base color.
Can't wait for the next shots.
:dude

Ian.

Hi James
I found Micro set helped stick the lozenge Decals down. At least you have the pattern going the right way..:) that one up on my last build straight away :laugh:

Thanks all. Paddy I found my stash of micro sol was not where it should be, so I ended up using Mr Micro sol by Gunze. Really hot stuff. Decals didnt come out the best but from outside the cabinet this should be fine.

James

Okay got the bottom wing decaled, luckily before we lost water this morning. I also started rigging but it is fiddly so I will do in stages. Wing is on and bottom plate installed.

DSC03072.JPG

DSC03075.JPG

DSC03076.JPG

So now its the top wing and that is taking time. Man I hate rib tapes.
James

Looking better and better, love the colors (y) (y) :popcorn :popcorn

What do you use for the rigging and how you get tention on it if placed?

Cheers Erik

Back