• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

Thanks guys.

I guess that means everyone thinks the prop looks realistic. So tonight the decals and a "varnish "coat.

James

Hi James. Your prop looks like wood. My question is always what type of woods did they use on that particular prop. Need some real pictures.

The other thing as far as I know they were all varnished. Not sure how glossy they would stay .

That's my .25 's worth .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well modeling came to an abrupt halt tonight. I just dont believe my luck. Put the decals on the prop and then gave a lite coat of Tamiya clear yellow. And 2 spots on the front of the prop stripped off the oil paint. I have never seen that before. Really ticked me off. Now I have to figure what to do to fix it.

DSC03151.JPG

DSC03152.JPG

DSC03154.JPG

Then I used a decal from my second kit to replace the lost lozenge on the top right aileron. And a piece ripped and floated away. Finally found it, cleaned it up and carefully tried to match it up. I figure I'll wait till tomorrow before I try again, who knows what would have happened next.
And a closing shot.

DSC03153.JPG

James

Shalom James.

Too bad yoy couldn't paint eyes where those defects on the prop are. Bummer when something like that happens this far into abuild. Good luck getting it fixed to your satisfaction.

Cheers

Well apart from a couple of tiny things this Fokkers finished. Not the best model around, but I am happy. So here you go.

DSC03172.JPG

DSC03173.JPG

DSC03174.JPG

DSC03175.JPG

Comments and or critiques most welcomed.

James

Thanks guys. Saul I just happened to find that in my stash when I was cleaning up and its great for carrying the thing around. Probably no base. Maybe use it on the next one.
James

Back