• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

Yep, that's what I was referring to .

Sent my wife your weather forecast. I predict no more weather complaints for a while.

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf It warmed to a very balmy -4 yesterday afternoon and then started dropping. Now looking out the car is coated in snow and its -25. Oh well, it is winter I guess. :D
James

Greetings James;

.... Looking good ...... :popcorn

The sun and wings symbol looks great. I have also seen it
on the rudder of the Albatross D-V.

Mike

Okay got the top wing top decals on. Still have a lot of work to do on them. I couldnt resist though and had to dry fit the rudder and top wing to see what it looks like. This is very fragile. I think also I have misaligned the mounts somehow as they seem cockeyed. Will see later on. She's a beaut though.

DSC03037.JPG

DSC03038.JPG

DSC03039.JPG

James

Greetings James;

..... The Fokker's paint looks good .... :v That is one my favorite, D-VII
paint schemes. After it is weathered it should look great ........ (y)

....................................................................................................................

..... For those that are unfamiliar with the Sun & Wings symbol, it is Albatros
Aircraft Co. ,from the first World War.

Mike

Greetings James;

..... The Fokker's paint looks good .... :v That is one my favorite, D-VII
paint schemes. After it is weathered it should look great ........ (y)

....................................................................................................................

..... For those that are unfamiliar with the Sun & Wings symbol, it is Fokker
Aircraft Co. ,from the first World War.

Mike

Actually this is the symbol for O.A.W. Ostdeutsche Albatros Werke one of the 3 companies to make the Fokker DVII.
Fokker used this one.

Fokker_logo.png

and Albatross one I cant find.

Thanks Mike, I'm really happy so far with how its turning out. My next one will also be an O.A.W bird with the 7 Swabians as the side art.
James

..... Yes, You only see the Albatros symbol on the D-VII's made by O.A.W.

Note decal # 91 & 92.

One of the Fokker aircraft symbol, of WW-I ....

Looking Good,
Mike

Nice job James.
This gets me motivated. I have the Roden 1:48 with Carl Degelow livery (white stag on black fuselage) in the stash.
Same deal, with lots of lozenge decals for the wings.
it's nice to see yours getting up to snuff.

Cheers,

Bill

Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker, Fokker

Back