• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The White truck is Red

Prop Duster

I have gotten myself into the mood to build a truck. :eek:hmy: But lest you think I and building one of the latest high tech masterpieces available--Forget it :pinch:
OH No I am building Revell's, Box Scale, White Gas Truck (kit 1420) This kit is a bit long in the tooth-but so am I so it works -see? :eek:ldguy

The kit is surprising in some of the included details and the omissions. There is no glass at all, there is respectable tread of the plastic tires; there are spots of short shot plastic (openings)-but springs clearly showing each spring in the bundle, the wheels have finely molded details very crisp and clear. It is All red plastic, The dash board is total fiction for this truck model. So its going to be and interesting ride for some of us (OK me). You are welcome to tag along. :ro:

Note: Constructive critiques and comments are most welcome :good:

First the box:
IMG_6398_zpswcgvdyen.jpg

This is the sprue "count" :laugh:
IMG_6399_zps8gocn5pm.jpg

the classic instructions:
IMG_6404_zpsxsyzb5y4.jpg

The intense construction details:
IMG_6406plus_zpsd0yoh2qk.jpg

I started with the engine and exhaust system:
IMG_6410_zpszxesvmkn.jpg

After clean up ( pretty darn flash free) and correcting the botched drill out of the exhaust pipe with a bit of aluminum tube (bling for the pipes!):
IMG_6415plus_zpsqrwdhrkw.jpg

It was on to paint:
IMG_6439plus_zpseyuajfej.jpg

AND wires for the engine into the scratched distributor and coil:
IMG_6441plus_zpszska8yxk.jpg

OK This is it for now. Stay tuned for part 2

I remember seeing plenty of these cab over trucks when I first moved to Ohio :good: Not as tankers though .

Will be watching . Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks All :good: :good: :good: :good:
Next post is in my Production and Editing Facility here, in the Prop Duster Hanger Complex and feed store. :unsure:

Part Ducks- er- 2
Having charged ahead into the unknown,
tumble.gif
I have arrived at this part.

A picture of me at box opening
64986cb6-8748-44ec-a17d-df34720bce94_zpszsmq3mag.jpg

On to the build! Having decided explore my revived knowledge of modeling. I thought to enhance here and there to see if I have learned any thing .
First the frame assembly -added some wire to help the spring ends stand out
IMG_6454_zpsc5mzkgzo.jpg

Under the seats was the date code: Gee, I was but a lad back then :eek:ldguy
419d410b-bd35-486e-85ab-fb38915b3f2f_zpsfwlkphhm.jpg

Noticed the dash board was totally wrong and would show up pretty badly

IMG_6475plus_zpshy3hhpug.jpg

1:1 example
IMG_6478plus_zpss1mpcpas.jpg

This lead to a list of needed corrections for the interior:[ol]
[li]Brake clutch and accelerator peddles [/li]
[li]cab heater [/li]
[li] Inner panels on the doors*[/li]
[li]Shift lever [/li]
[li] correct steering column support * [/li]
[li] add windshield wiper motor covers [/li]
[li] Door handles and window cranks [/li]
[li] sun visors [/li]
[li] Door hinges to be scratched [/li]
See https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/lets-be-civil/151295-the-white-truck-is-red#248110 For help given for my question; how to do hinges
[li]...*= done or made awaiting install. [/li]
[/ol]
Then the Big Idea lets cut a door open! Too :ro:

IMG_6486plus_zpsd6qetf9z.jpg

This of course has rearranged the build schedule :idonno but whata gonna do?
IMG_6464plus_zps3qoigcrt.jpg

Time to mock[strike] me[/strike] up the cab. Also shows the new steering wheel brace (rough, I know -finishing later)
IMG_6484plus_zpsyhucwdip.jpg

Test Fitting and still figurin'
IMG_6485plus_zps1zo0f4jp.jpg

Last: White got dressed up for Halloween as Frank-in-truck :blink :rotf

IMG_6487plus_zpstqggphx8.jpg

See Ya For part 3

Hi Guys Thanks for the comments and e-mod icons all are welcomed by this humble modeler :blush:

Gator: Yes windows will need to be created, along with a list of other stuff :frantic

As a sub note: All this added detail is all you guys fault. I wouldn't be doin' it 'sept you-al do it, so now I gotta try and try.
speechless-smiley-005_zps1e713b39.gif

Was hoping to have an update for today. But I'm stuck on the door hinge thing and the cab details needing to be created and then trashed, recreated, modified, then just giving in and gluing some version in and moven' on. :blink

So Part 3 in on hold for the moment

:S [under my breath]
Bet none of them have these kind of problems on their builds. Oh well the life of an old newbe is never easy
:coolio

Love the cab overs. I used to drive one for Pepsi. Yep, I'm that old.
They basically defined the term "hot seat." There was no air-conditioning and you sat right on top of the engine.

Back