• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The White truck is Red

Back with another update. Though not much in the end, it was a big learning experience for me.

Previously Iron Mike‘s critique of the “scale of the handles and cranks” got me thinking. I agree and they were just a little bit ugly (the old: a parent never sees the flaws of his kids) Thanks IM for the good call :ro:

Now back into the forge/machine shop/work bench and “On to The Revised Ones!” Which resulted in the following;

First the originals
IMG_6520PLUSpluss_zpsys0ksgib.jpg

REVISED

IMG_6523PLUS_zpsqrtpe9t9.jpg

286f50db-d23b-44ec-b0cb-4145634fc44c_zpsq7h9hyxj.jpg

well thats all for now.
I have some new putty that was just delivered
78c208af.gif
So gotta go try it out :drool

There is no cure for AMS, just I hope you remember the strait-jackets in the corner of the room. :woohoo:
I was busy having a frontal lobotomy or was that a bottle in front of Me, can't remember, but I went back and got caught up on your build, Dude I think you have Hobby Pox ... also no cure.

Great job all is looking very good, just wait the Doctor will see you next, sit in the corner like the rest of us making the Verooom Veroom noises. (y) :frantic :soldier

Thanks for the positive reinforcement to help my OPAMS (Old Pharts Advanced Muddlein' Syndrome) :v

:gogo
Yes Swordsman I have a nice tailor made jacket that I'm wrapped up in. Quite comfy as I sit in my private soft walled room :blink OH is that a squirrel?

Thanks for the positive reinforcement to help my OPAMS (Old Pharts Advanced Muddlein' Syndrome) :v

:gogo
Yes Swordsman I have a nice tailor made jacket that I'm wrapped up in. Quite comfy as I sit in my private soft walled room :blink OH is that a squirrel?

(y) (y) :rotf Datz a good one!! :drinks

Finally have an update on the C3000. I have been adding, creating or just plane slogging along with some fiddly bits to the interior of the cab. Which, except for final colors and the windows, should be the last of the interior :v

Worked on the dashboard gages. Cut out silver foil circles added some Archer dry transfers,from the "junque" drawer, coated with Future (yeah my bottle is that old).
d7e007e9-d56a-4420-bed7-ecc3574ff5c3_zpsl7ildif2.jpg

The seats were not so good, so reworked them. First the Revell way:
802ae705-3781-486d-a26b-d34d70f2ca3f_zpsvd82jrye.jpg

After adding some more padding:
9f4a1b10-b011-434b-a2cf-d663469d61f1_zpsjcevqys7.jpg

while in the "Junque" drawer I found a fire extinguisher. After scratching the gage and the holder. Added some color a bit of bling and ....​
56992bee-1210-4d89-8769-6cceaf1bc549_zpsyj9udb1n.jpg

With them combined...
8497a5eb-788d-4751-b01b-ea49180fafac_zpsgmhsnpep.jpg

That all for now ,gotta get back to the turkey and fixin's
Happy Thanksgiving to you all
b0168f62.gif

Back