• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The wait is almost over!

nerdling

Well the long 9 month wait is finally coming to an end. Sarah and I are currently at the hospital on day 2 on labor now. Getting excited to welcome our son Hunter into the world. I just can't wait to introduce him to model building.

h6303142.jpg

His first kit should be a Hawker Hunter .

Very cool, good luck!

Second, get some sleep.

Third, get some sleep.

My sons were handling ABs at 6 or 7 years, but don't push it, let them show interest then pester you to try it, otherwise it's just another uncool thing Dad is doing.

Did I mention get some sleep?

Reality is, don't expect to get to the bench much for a long time, but trust me, it's worth it.

Start saving for college. My oldest is shopping engineering schools now, none less than double what we paid for our house. :frantic

Congratulations Ryan! You are about to have your life changed forever! (y)

Before model building you might try LEGOs. My brother has his daughter HOOKED on building LEGOs stuff (mostly Star Wars, Pirates, and Dragon stuff) She is about 12 now and he is starting to drift her to models.

Of course LEGOs can mean experiences like walking on nail beds if they don't pick them up. :D

Oh, and get some sleep. :good:

Congratulations Ryan! You are about to have your life changed forever! (y)

Before model building you might try LEGOs. My brother has his daughter HOOKED on building LEGOs stuff (mostly Star Wars, Pirates, and Dragon stuff) She is about 12 now and he is starting to drift her to models.

Of course LEGOs can mean experiences like walking on nail beds if they don't pick them up. :D

Oh, and get some sleep. :good:

Oh I definitely know the pain of stepping on Legos. That's how I got my start as well. He will probably have to fight me for them Lol.

Thank you for all the support guys. We are currently on day 3 now. She is making progress. Both trying to get as much sleep as we can.

Late to this,

I hope everything goes well Ryan! You are going to have your hands full for the next little while!

Words of advice:
support each other
if the baby starts to get to you, put them down and walk away (it's ok to let them cry a bit)
Enjoy every moment (the good and the bad)

Fatherhood has been both the most amazing and difficult thing I have ever done in my life. It will be amazing though to see a new little life grow and develop right before your eyes!

Congratulations to you both!

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Thanks for all the replies guys. Hunter was born on December 14th in the midst of a snowstorm. He is a perfectly healthy little guy. Just been very hectic around here for the past month. But we are finally getting into a routine and he is finally sleeping for a good part of the night. I've even found a bit of time here and there to work on models :geek I will get some pictures together for you guys.

Glad to hear that all is well!

Since you have been indoctrinated into taking care of your small one, you might get a laugh out of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XfTCpgRbcs

Back