• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Retreat (Russia 1943) - Wespe

This is my other project that I had left idle.

This morning I continued the ground work and will post pics later on.

In the meantime this is the situation

PB-wesp2.jpg

PB-wesp12.jpg

PB-wesp13.jpg

PB-wesp7.jpg

This was the base I was going to use which I threw away! I made another format more rectangle. Will post pics soon!
PB-terrain02.jpg

Regards
Noel

Great Wespe, your chipwork is very realistic, not overdone at all.
I hope you have some snow weathering or mud weathering in the plans. The scene looks very cold and weather heavy alreay.

It's good to see you posting again, Noel! I am always impressed with your work, this one is no exception! (y)

Thanks slodder..... yes, there will be a light layer of snow and some packed snow in some areas.

Thanks Iron Mike......... I also like how the Wespe turned out!

Thanks moon puppy...... I can tell you, it feels good to be back here!

Well here is what I did this morning.... a layer of white glue...and oooops! forgot to paint the ground in a dark earth colour!
Oh well!..... I sprinkled Treemundus ground foliage and some static grass.

PB-ground1.jpg

PB-diorama1.jpg

It will look something like this........ two figures still need paint
PB-diorama2.jpg

PB-figures1.jpg

PB-figures2.jpg

Thank you Massimo!

I had posted some pics on Missing Links but I did little changes and this is the final layout....Hope you all like it!

PB-tt08.jpg

PB-tt06.jpg

PB-tt07.jpg

PB-tt03.jpg

Hello Noel, WOW!!! This is one of the best winter scenes. The groundwork is just superb. The beaten path the figs are on is so cooool. I did notice the fire barrel kinda sits on top of the ground.

Your figure paiting is awesome (y)

Randy

I like the randomness of the footsteps and the wisp of smoke from the fire. That's a really nice touch. I think it's likely the best smoke effect i've seen. the barrel does seem to sit on top the ground though.
Another nice touch is having the officer walking, shows how defeated they are.

Thank you
Randy...
Laurent
moon puppy.......

I agree with you on the barrel!!! THanks for pointing it out. I'll adjust it and sink it in the terrain.

I knew about it but got a bit lazy to fiddle with it and left it as is with the thought that it would not be seen!!!!!!!

THanks again

Regards
Noel

Back