• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Camo Compilation

Duke Maddog

Okay people, it's the 1st of March; my birthday, and the start of this campaign.

Here is my submission for this Group Build:

These are three Dragon 1/72 scale Japanese tanks. Two are the Type 95 Ha Go, the third is the Type 97 Ch Ha early version:

WIP_Camo_GB_IJPG.jpg

Here's the open boxes showing that they have not been previously started:

WIP_Camo_GB_III.JPG

And just in case you cannot read the date on the phone, here is a closeup in front of two of the boxes:

WIP_Camo_GB_II.JPG

Happy Birthday to me.... Work shall commence on these on Monday March 5th.

Stay tuned!

happy birthday duke!

will the three bugs be in a jungle setting?

Thanks! I don;t think I'll do them in a jungle setting right away. These may be placed in one later.

Happy Bday Duke

Man those things must be small, Hope you have a good set of magnifiers.

Thanks Dave! Yeah, they are small and no I haven;t got any magnifiers. I just take off my glasses and I see just fine.

Mark, it's three colors not three models!!! :rotf

You'll get triple credit! :mpup

:popcorn

Thanks MP! I figured three models with three colors each would fit right in! Thanks for the extra credit! (y)

Okay, another Monday Hobby Day has passed and I have some progress on these little Japanese tanks to show.

All three of them are almost fully assembled and ready for paint now. I'll be adding the fine detail parts later once I know I won't be breaking them off with handling!

Here they are all sitting together:

WIP_Camo_GB_IV.JPG

And for those wanting to see them individually, here they are:

The Ha-Go light tank:

WIP_Ha_Go_I.JPG

The Ha-Go North China version:

WIP_Ha_Go_NC_I.JPG

and the Chi-Ha early version:

WIP_Chi_Ha_Early_I.JPG

That's all I have for now. I hope to be able to work some more on all these projects, but I'm starting an entire month of work that may leave me too tired to do much once I get home. We'll see what happens though.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Dave. Yeah, they are tiny; I'll try to post them next to a no. 11 Exacto blade next time I shoot these.

Okay, here's a short update on my projects for this Group Build.

Then I painted on the basecoats for all my little Japanese tanks. Later I'll add the camouflage patterns:

WIP_Camo_GB_V.JPG

That's all for now. Comments are welcome; thanks for looking in! Stay tuned for more!

I'm back from Ohio and now I'm posting the work I did two weeks ago.

These three little gems are almost fully camouflaged, except on that Hobby Day I had left the green color at home so I couldn't paint the wheels that needed that color. Otherwise, they are ready for the P/E, clearcoat, decals and final weathering:

Here's the one Ha Go:

WIP_Ha_Go_II.JPG

The other Ha Go, the North China version:

WIP_Ha_Go_NC_II.JPG

And the Chi Ha early version:

WIP_Chi_Ha_Early_II.JPG

Finally, here's a shot of them all together:

WIP_Camo_GB_VI.JPG

These are very close to being done. I may have them completed in another week or so.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

You brought a smile to my face as I remember the 1/76th scale Airfix Chi Ha I built decades ago.

Regards,

You brought a smile to my face as I remember the 1/76th scale Airfix Chi Ha I built decades ago.

Regards,

Thanks Saul! Yeah! I still have mine from decades ago! I love that little tank!

Thanks Leopard!

Now on to my latest progress on my three little Japanese tanks. They are fully camouflaged, all the tools are on them, and their tracks have been installed. All that's left is clearcoat, decals, dullcoat, then weathering:

Ha Go:

WIP_Ha_Go_IV.JPG

Ha Go, North China version:

WIP_Ha_Go_NC_IV.JPG

Chi Ha Early version:

WIP_Chi_Ha_Early_IV.JPG

And one big happy family all together:

WIP_Camo_GB_VII.JPG

I'm getting close to the finish here. Feel free to comment, and thanks for looking in!

Back