• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'That Others May Live'/Search and Rescue Campaign

Interesting.... What's the story on that 1/2 track?
Would I be able to do up my PBY-5A for this build??? :hmmm

Using surplus vehicles bought cheaply after the war is the reason to see half-track trucks modified for civilian service.

As for your Catalina, as long as it is in rescue, as opposed to Patrol Boat (the PB in PBY) markings, it should fit in nicely!

Regards,

Nope. Thanks. I'll be doin' my PBY-5A in VP-53 Livery for a sea rescue of a USMC Corsair pilot...

I have a 1/72 scale kit of one of these,

090801-G-6549L-039.jpg

just waiting for me to start it.

Notice I did not say finish :rotf

I forgot what I was going to do for this, but I'm still in. I do have several models I could do for this.

Can we get a start date or something?

I'll be doin' my PBY-5A in VP-53 Livery for a sea rescue of a USMC Corsair pilot...

Sounds like an interesting incident, when did it happen? Any more information on it?

Regards,

Yeah, happened in JAN 1944. AS a cousin of mine, Lt.(jg) Herbert C. Shively USNR had rescued a Marine Corps pilot of VMF-422 which became known as "The Lost Squadron". He earned the USN & Marine Corps Medal. So, this will be done as a water dio of the rescue... Which will be my first attempt at doing water But, that'll come waay later tho... :drinks

I have a 1/72 scale kit of one of these,

just waiting for me to start it.

Notice I did not say finish :rotf
That's a cool looking scheme on that Jayhawk. It would look good in 1/35 scale!

Clear up right!
Tim

Oh that it would! (y)

I've got a 1/35 Pavehawk that a open the box once a year and stare at the plastic. Then it scares me and I put it up :unsure:

My son is on the USS Bonhomme Richard LHD6, I keep asking for photos of the Seahawks, Vipers and Hueys but no luck so far. :facepalm

Currently planning out my build year, and the end is looking a little light. This could work into fulfilling my desire to eventually piece together 1 aircraft from each squadron of my Air Wing (CVW-11) from when I was in the service. Since one of the primary roles (and THE primary role during flight ops) of the USN SH-60 was rescue ops, would a standard fleet goer (HS-6) still be acceptable even though they don't sport any "SAR" markings? :huh:

Mine will likely be a late year entry w/ a HH-60...assuming I can figure out what the hell I'm gonna do about the HS-6 markings. I've yet to find them in 1/72. :S

I want to look at getting a couple other builds done first (Naval/Pearl/Torpedo?/Gulf War?). I'm going to refrain from getting too many irons in the fire. :coolio

Mine will likely be a late year entry w/ a HH-60...assuming I can figure out what the hell I'm gonna do about the HS-6 markings. I've yet to find them in 1/72. :S

I want to look at getting a couple other builds done first (Naval/Pearl/Torpedo?/Gulf War?). I'm going to refrain from getting too many irons in the fire. :coolio

Make your own decals... ;)
You, refrain from too many irons in the fire?!!!? :blink :huh: :rotf :rotf :rotf Riiiiight..... :drinks

Okay cool. I'll be pulling out my Russian Fire Trucks from WWII. I have two PST models to build for this.

Back