• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some potential campaigns

Skinny_Mike

Greetings folks!

I have been tossing around a few ideas for some future builds and some of them might actually turn out to be kind of neat campaigns. I thought I would toss them out there are see what people thought. Here my ideas...

1. Paper Panzers
Paper panzers seem to have become all the rage as of late and seems to be getting fueled by the game World of Tanks. And lets face it, the creativity allowed when building things that only existed in paper or prototype form can be really fun. This would encompass any what if tank or airplane (cause there are some of those too) from any nation at any time. Prototypes are ok too as long as they did not enter full scale production, like the Maus.

2. Kit Bash
Pretty simple take 2 or more kits to make a single subject. This can be of any subject matter, plane, cars, armor, figures, ships etc. I can see the ribbon for this one now - two puzzle pieces joined in the middle. :woohoo:

3. The Epic Build
This probably means different things to different folks. But for this I am think something very involved. To qualify there needs to be the following as a minimum; 3 aftermarket kits utilized (intense scratch building could be excepted instead), at least one figure (an exception could be made for space or ship models), and a base. The base is preferred to be a vignette or diorama, however a nicely finished display base is the bare minimum allowed.

4. 120mm
This is a fairly limited one. Any modern tank utilizing a 120mm gun. This is really just limited to a small group of modern tanks that use the Rheinmetall 120mm gun or a similar derivative. The Abrams, Leopard 2, Challenger 2, Leclerc, the Merkava tanks and a few others all fall into this category.

Those are my thoughts, what do you guys think?

Mike

On the Epic build it could also include such things as extra large kits with a lot of modifications and scratch building. An example would be the Trumpeter 1/200 scale Arizona which is a really inaccurate kit. (could probably include any of the 1/200 ship kits)

Another example could be the Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3 that Mike Walsh is finishing up.

Straight out of the box kits are excluded, but one that has a lot of mods and corrections could be up for it.

Another way it could be done would be as an ongoing award that could be given if one of the moderators nominates the finished build for the ribbon and a number of folks (say 10 for example ) vote yes.

As most epic builds take a very long time (hey, they are "epic" builds :coolio ) It would probably need to be something other than a standard build.

Most of these have been discussed before, Not opposed to them.

But what defines Epic to me, might not be to someone else. Maybe in the start up photo you'd have to describe what is epic about it and then let the crew say if it is or not.

But I gotta remind y'all. We have several Campaigns now that need participation. :soldier

:mpup

...But I gotta remind y'all. We have several Campaigns now that need participation. :soldier

:mpup[/quote]

I agree....

Luiz

Most of these have been discussed before, Not opposed to them.

But what defines Epic to me, might not be to someone else. Maybe in the start up photo you'd have to describe what is epic about it and then let the crew say if it is or not.

But I gotta remind y'all. We have several Campaigns now that need participation. :soldier

:mpup

Which ones? I'm trying to find the instruction sheet for my Lightning for the RAF 100 build. Once I do, I can join that one. Which other ones need the most participation? I might join them if I have something that fits since I'm building a whole lot more lately.

Thanks Bob, I'll go check them out.

EDIT:

Oh man, too bad I didn't see this earlier. I already started two HUMVEES that could have gone into that one campaign. Darn! Hmm, at least I can enter the Sherman one if I can find all my parts for the Isherman again. That could work. The Revell/Monogram one is over now; or did it get extended?

Thanks again Bob!

Thanks for pointing me to new campaigns. :smack
:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm
HUMVEES it is and DAY AT THE RACES.
Start pictures tomorrow.
Frank
:eek:hyeah :eek:hyeah :eek:hyeah

Back