• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

Re:Terry's M113

John Short wrote:
Terry it’s a masterpiece! Even looks more realistic in the natural light.

Thanks John!! It was such a pretty day just had to snap a couple outside.

Terry B)

WOW !! T,

This came out looking Fan-F*#&in'-Tastic !!! Oh Yeah ! :notworthy :ro:

When you did the ground work you mentioned that you Held it in place with Future. Did you mix it into the Dirt , or did you just shoot it over it after it was laid on the Base. Either way - That's a New Technique on Me.

While you are at it , You might as well Add the Grunt Slammin' :drink some Budweiser with a few crushed empties on the Ground & Rig the Base up with a Motion Sensor to Play some Credence & The Rolling Stones ... Ya' know like their Jammin out tryin' to Relax ?? ( just my $.02)

Awesome JOB :ro: :drink

ERIK

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "MAKE CAMP"

B) B) Brilliant work Terry!
The lawn chair is a classic - good scatch work. The details are great and the gear inside really gives it the feel of life. One of the shots just shows all the name plates etc on the wall of the motor -nice detail.
Base is excellent and as MOONPUPPY said, maybe we just get you to make our bases :laugh: .
Very nice and congrats on finishing the GB.

Ian.

There are some things that simply defy language: I can't seem to find an adjective cool enough for this here build of yours... :eek:hmy:

Really outstanding work, Terry... when I grow up I wanna be like you!
emoticon_palmas2.gif

Oh! Almost forgot: most excellent pics, my man!
Emoticon_okay.gif

Cheers! ;)
Fernao

Great details in this project. It shows you put a lot of thought into the project and it's not just a bunch of 'stuff' thrown around a M113.
Good job.

panzerace007 wrote:
WOW !! T,

This came out looking Fan-F*#&in'-Tastic !!! Oh Yeah ! :notworthy :ro:

When you did the ground work you mentioned that you Held it in place with Future. Did you mix it into the Dirt , or did you just shoot it over it after it was laid on the Base. Either way - That's a New Technique on Me.

While you are at it , You might as well Add the Grunt Slammin' :drink some Budweiser with a few crushed empties on the Ground & Rig the Base up with a Motion Sensor to Play some Credence & The Rolling Stones ... Ya' know like their Jammin out tryin' to Relax ?? ( just my $.02)

Awesome JOB :ro: :drink

ERIK

Thanks Erik!!! I put the future on with a paint brush on small areas at a time and then sprinkle the dirt on while the future is wet. I do small areas so I can control the application better. I use future because if I mess up(which happens alot) I can remove with warm water and start over.

Terry B)

Brokeneagle wrote:
B) B) Brilliant work Terry!
The lawn chair is a classic - good scatch work. The details are great and the gear inside really gives it the feel of life. One of the shots just shows all the name plates etc on the wall of the motor -nice detail.
Base is excellent and as MOONPUPPY said, maybe we just get you to make our bases :laugh: .
Very nice and congrats on finishing the GB.

Ian.

Thanks Ian!!! :laugh: Not all my bases come good! :laugh: Still got some figures to add.

Terry B)

BigDog wrote:
There are some things that simply defy language: I can't seem to find an adjective cool enough for this here build of yours... :eek:hmy:

Really outstanding work, Terry... when I grow up I wanna be like you!
emoticon_palmas2.gif

Oh! Almost forgot: most excellent pics, my man!
Emoticon_okay.gif

Cheers! ;)
Fernao

Thanks Fernao I don't know what to say :blush:

Terry :blush:

slodder wrote:
Great details in this project. It shows you put a lot of thought into the project and it's not just a bunch of 'stuff' thrown around a M113.
Good job.

Thanks Slodder!!!!

Terry B)

I missed your last couple of pictures Terry, outstanding!

moon puppy wrote:
I missed your last couple of pictures Terry, outstanding!

Thanks MP!! This one is almost done. By the end of the week I think.

Terry B)

Hey Terry,
It's looking good!!!
I like the tools you have near the engine and the lawn chair. Can't wait to see the finished product.

JamesOLeary wrote:
Hey Terry,
It's looking good!!!
I like the tools you have near the engine and the lawn chair. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks James!!! Just need people.

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'"TROOPER&SPIKE"

I think the M113 has about all it needs except for some living beings. With that in mind I added Spike the dog which comes in a Tamyia detail set for modern armor. Next I added Trooper which is a Warriors Vietnam figure. I'm not much of a figure painter, but I like to add at least one figure to a build for size comparison. So here they are Spike and Trooper comments welcome.

Terry B)

dsc04514_1_20100927_1992079390.jpg

dsc04515_2_20100927_1868478110.jpg

dsc04517_3_20100927_2011614674.jpg

dsc04519_4_20100927_1694786077.jpg

B)

Yo Terry,

What has Trooper been smokin'...? He looks pretty much wasted, eh?!
Emoticon_really.gif
Bet the radio's playing "Lucy In The Skies With Diamonds"... Just the right atmosphere for the period! :laugh:

I also like Spike...
101.gif

Your work is awesome and there's no way for it not to look good... just amazing!
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

BigDog wrote:
Yo Terry,

What has Trooper been smokin'...? He looks pretty much wasted, eh?!
Emoticon_really.gif
Bet the radio's playing "Lucy In The Skies With Diamonds"... Just the right atmosphere for the period! :laugh:

I also like Spike...
101.gif

Your work is awesome and there's no way for it not to look good... just amazing!
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

No smoke Trooper has just had a long day "Humpin the Bush" as one vet used to call it.

Thanks Fernao

Terry ;)

another lovely update terry! i love the bandana beneath the trooper's helmet!

and spike after a long day with a walk in the park is a way sweet touch!

Kreighshoer wrote:
another lovely update terry! i love the bandana beneath the trooper's helmet!

and spike after a long day with a walk in the park is a way sweet touch!

Thanks Laura!! After looking at the pictures there was alot of things to touch up on the trooper. He looks better now. Should be all done this week. I have one more thing to add for Poppy :laugh: .

Terry B)

Back