• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

Re: Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'"TOUR COMPLETE"

Terry I'm curious, how much $$$ do you think you have invested in this build (not including time, just kit, aftermarket, scratchbuild material, etc)?
Oh yeah, and the beer to keep you going does not apply to build costs!:pp
THAT is always classified information! :D

Terry I'm curious, how much $$$ do you think you have invested in this build (not including time, just kit, aftermarket, scratchbuild material, etc)?
THAT is always classified information! :D

I got TOP SECRET clearance (actually I think this year I got a higher level)
:hmmm

If there's a wife involved, the cost IS DOUBLE SECRET!! :D

No brag, just fact. :pinch: Talking about the final cost of modeling makes ME clench up!

Where's the beer? The hibachi?? The cooler, oh wait, that's General Burkhalter's line!:D Nice job, Terry!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mike!!! Well I said I'm still working on it. A hibachi....... :hmmm should it be round or square?

Terry ;)

Well I gave $9.00 for the kit. I bought an Academy accessory set for $3.00. The other stuff was bought sometime, but not for this build. I didn't buy any PE I used stuff off of sets left over from other builds. Almost everything used came out of the scrap box of off models that were wrecked. The figure was a door prize. I keep everything left over from a kit because I may be able to use them on others. I'll say I maybe spent $15.00 total.

One of my rules is KEEP EVERYTHING!

Terry ;)

Well I gave $9.00 for the kit. I bought an Academy accessory set for $3.00. The other stuff was bought sometime, but not for this build. I didn't buy any PE I used stuff off of sets left over from other builds. Almost everything used came out of the scrap box of off models that were wrecked. The figure was a door prize. I keep everything left over from a kit because I may be able to use them on others. I'll say I maybe spent $15.00 total.

Terry ;)

Thanks for that Terry.
I figured you'd probably spent a small fortune in AM stuff.
$15.00 is not bad, not bad at all.
I guess when you spend years building all kinds of kits you get to accumulate quite a collection of spares and extras. Good idea, I need to find me some kind of box for spares.
:ro:

Terry ;)

Thanks for that Terry.
I figured you'd probably spent a small fortune in AM stuff.
$15.00 is not bad, not bad at all.
I guess when you spend years building all kinds of kits you get to accumulate quite a collection of spares and extras. Good idea, I need to find me some kind of box for spares.
:ro:

I've got some of my stuff in a cigar box. You can sometimes get them from cigar stores for few bucks.

Terry B)

Where's the beer? The hibachi?? The cooler, oh wait, that's General Burkhalter's line!:D Nice job, Terry!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mike!!! Well I said I'm still working on it. A hibachi....... :hmmm should it be round or square?

Terry ;)

My old 70's hibachi was rectangular, with two square grates (wooden handled). We almost set fire to the apartment building with it, I ran to get the fire extinguisher and while I was gone, my buddy picked it up and tossed it off the balcony! The Famous Flying Flaming Hibachi!:D

OMG!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can just picture that ashes and hot coals flying through the air.

Terry :laugh:

The dude lit the stupid thing with white gas instead of charcoal lighter (we were out) and the flames were about 6-7 feet high! This is the second floor balcony too! The folks downstairs musta though it was Haley's comet going by the window! It landed upside down on the new sod, burned a hibachi sized hole all the way to the dirt! Those were the days! :D

Here's one like it, I wonder if it will fly?

hibachi_1_20101012_1012342204.jpg

B)

I was a kid during Vietnam and I remember my folks had little round one "cheap". I might try to make one of those.

Terry B)

Re: Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'"DETAIL BATTLE"

Well I thought I was finished with this build, but NOOOOOO! :laugh: It all started when Bob Sr. had to go and make pool table, pool balls, and que sticks for the house(1/35) he is building for his daughter. Well had to go and pick a detail fight with the master :gogo . So I said it was going to do those kind of things that I would put fuzzy dice in the M113.

dsc04575_2_20101006_1417569998.jpg

Well he came back with toilet paper roll that would fit on nickle. So I said that I would put a can of franks and beans with a spoon on the M113 so......

dsc04592_1_20101013_1392106133.jpg

dsc04593_2_20101013_1630174043.jpg

dsc04594_3_20101013_1236438235.jpg

dsc04595_4_20101013_1166984443.jpg

Well I don't know how far this will go, but I will keep you posted. I still got shots in gun.

Terry :laugh:

The ball is in Bob's court. :D

Terry ;)

Thanks General!!!

Terry B)

Back