• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer 38 (t) Hetzer

Hello Friends!! Thank you to all who have viewed and commented! I don't think I would have attempted or gotten through this last stage without all your support! Here's what I've been up to for the last three hours!!

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

The skirts were pretty straight forward, the Voyager Model pieces are nicely detailed, although I decided to substitute a piece of copper wire for the mounting stud for the styrene rod Voyager would have you use. The brackets were cut and bent without much issue, although I kept referring to my references for the proper direction of the brackets. The washers and nuts were TINY, thank goodness for the Optivisor, I managed to get them all on without losing any! I snipped off the excess wire and am ready to call it a night!
I think I am going to try a winter camo scheme, unless the new Archer ambush set sways me off that decision. I like the brass, maybe just some clear coat and call it good?? :idonno Thanks for looking, feedback always welcome!! Thanks to Moon Puppy for the new Gallery, works really well!! :notworthy (y)

Wow Mike that is some really nice PE. ( and PE work ). I just noticed the weather change since the first page you posted. Better go with the winter camo. (y)

cool Mike! you could have used some of Scale Hardware's simulated nuts and bolts on those hangers. yeah, Winter camo seems fitting right now.

:laugh: That's why I was asking you where you got your hardware! I decided to use the stuff from the PE set so I could get to paint! Inertia sets in here pretty fast around here so I figured I'd better keep going! Thanks Chris! Getting moe like winter isn't it? Tim, what do think, wide whites and ghost flames??

No flames or billet, finally got up the courage to paint this sucker! I'm starting with a Model Air Black Brown base, going to do the ambush scheme (I think!?)

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

The winter camo still isn't out, I keep looking at it and thinking can I do that??

Didn't I read somewhere someone made a rubber stamp of that hourglass design for this ambush scheme?

Yo Mike, this one is coming along very well, eh! :dude Very clean build and a cool prepping job for the paint: IMO, a winter cammo scheme would become that little beast nicely! (y) I really do hope you decide for it... ;)

Cheers and thanks for sharing! B)
Fernao

Thanks all, I appreciate your input! I used the down time between my other projects to lay the paint on the Hetzer. Judging by the reference pictures i have, looks like there's more green than anything else, so here goes!

IMG_4092.JPG

The green is Tamiya NATO green, lightened in stages with Tamiya white.

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

I will mask off for the yellow and the brown after this dries for a bit. :pinch:

Back