• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer 38 (t) Hetzer

Hi Mike!

What an awesome build! There are so many things to be said... but I'll try to keep it short so I won't annoy anyone. ;)

The PE work is just amazing and vouches for your good eyesight and steady hands: I'm pretty sure I'll get into trouble when time comes for me to that kinda stuff. :unsure: Again I'd vote for the late winter cammo scheme: the more I see those, the more I lik'em! I don't know why, but they seem so real for that type of tank...
emoticon_nod.gif

Just one question: where are the tools that go in that toolbox...?
emoticon_confused.gif

Splendid work and very sharp pics showing what you're doing: great Thread, what!
notworthy.gif

Cheers and good luck with your build! B)
Fernao

Hey Mike that is awesome. The brass work is exceptionally well done. I see the purple pe eater is handy lol. I found that the best bending aide for the hold and fold is a single sided razor blade. And you can get really long ones for paint strippers for longer pieces also, You might find those better than the plastic. Looking forward to the skirts and paint. You know what scheme you will do ??
James

Hi Mike, Wonderful thread going on here! I echo the others, your pe work looks great(y) (y) Take a well deserved break and work on the truck:eek:hyeah :eek:hyeah

Randy

Chris, thanks buddy! I'm glad we made that trip to the hobby shop and dug thru all those boxes to find it!

Hey Fernao! Thank you, my friend! The tools are still on the fret, haven't decided how I'm going to display this build yet, so the box may be closed. :S I dunno, what do you think?? I always like to hear other builder's ideas, shoot 'em at me!

James! Thank you so much, your generosity is remembered every time I use the purple pe eaters! i ran out of time yesterday, was wanting to get the skirts done, but just wasn't to be. The single edge blades are the way to go, I'm going to blunt a couple so they don't dig into my Etchmate. I posted the wasted one so BigDog could see it, he's in the market for a bender.

Randy, I actually varnished the slats for the bed of my little rod yesterday, between letting my eyes focus!! Thanks for the kind words, any progress on your sci fi bike??

Okay, Mike, I'm a newb so I guess I'm intitled to take the bait a few times: I can't believe you are serious about the tools: do they really come with the PE kit?!? Today's modeling world certainly is new and uncharted territory for me... :unsure:

Please give us more of your Jagdpanzer!
notworthy.gif

Cheers and be well! B)
Fernao

Mike this build has turned out great! You are doing a great job.

Terry ;)

Hey Fernao! No, the tools don't come with THIS set, but I do have a set for a PzIV, if I want to add some knuckle busters.

img_3807_1_20101207_1875055066.jpg

Thanks, Terry! I hope I can finish as well as you do!!

Thank you, Tom! You slid that one by me while I was replying to the others. :D

Thanks Gene!!

Joey, my friend! Did you get moved yet?? Merry Christmas to you too!!

Hmmmm, shiny! So you're saying I shouldn't paint it (he said hopefully!:D) Thanks Rob! Just chasing the standard you set!!

Yo Mike,

I thought I'd sent you a post on this, but I guess I didn't... Anyway, thanks for showing the tools: it's amazing what can be found on the market these days, when it comes to PE and general accessories for models! :eek:hmy: But the real secret lies in having the knowledge and skill to use them right...
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers and thanks for sharing this build with us!
101.gif

Fernao

Back