• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya He219 - A Green Night-Owl??

Gambit

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since my last post.

I wanted to share what I have been up to recently; building the Tamiya 1/48 He219 Uhu.

The night camo doesn't interest me much; so I decided to do a He219 with a green camo similar to what Mr Ian Robertson has done on MIM Magazine but since this is a whatif project, will add some of my own interpretation.

He219 Uhu by Gambit, on Flickr

Trying to finish this for a local meet; will update again soon I hope!

Cheers!

Peter

That works quite well, secret i should imagine is getting it even and you seem to have nailed that :)

While the actual camo is difficult enough you have done another that appears just as difficult. Nice job.

Good job on the mottling.

Besides the well known He 219 with the extra camouflage paint that Ian modeled there was at least one more He 219 that had a dark uppersurface color sprayed over the normal nightfighter finish of 75/76. It would not surprise me if there were other He 219s that also had green colors sprayed over the top of the 75/76 so your models finish might be a lot more accurate than you think.

Matrixone

So many positive feedback; I must be doing something right! :ro:

Thanks everyone!

Matrixone, not sure if it turns out to be real, I am just hoping to pull this off convincingly, thanks for the comment.

Cheers!

Back