• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster with motor action

Paulw

I can't remember when I got this kit but I think it was about two or seven years ago. The Tall Boy bomber with motor action that is powered by a "c" sized battery.I saw Johns build a while back where he used the Belcher Bits resin nacelles so I shot an email to they twice this past week and still no response. However, I think I may have to go a different route because I don't think the electric motors will fit into the resin parts. I also bought an aircraft lighting kit from Evans Designs. It comes with a circuit card that is a lighting controller. I bought additional leds because the wing tips on the lanc has a forward and rear facing lenses. Tail light and flashing beacon only because I could not find a rotating one.
They come in five sizes from Z scale to 3mm. If everything goes according to plan I should have quite a finished plane.

Here are some pics

20200723_134555[2].jpg
20200723_134555[2].jpg
20200723_134617[1].jpg
20200723_134555[2].jpg
20200723_134617[1].jpg
20200723_134640[1].jpg

Looking good, Paul. Whereyabeen? Yes, the Belcher Bits nacelles are solid resin, but you could bore holes through for a shaft and put little bushings in there, Right?

Wow Paul! So far so good! That is an impressive cockpit. Take it slow and easy and plan ahead as much as possible.

3D_emoticon_185.gif

Well not much going on with this. My grand daughters have been having melt downs and it seems as if I am the only one to help. Really I don't mind at all. I got the stbd. wing mostly finished and decided to fore go the resin bits. I sent three emails to Belcher bits and no response so I am using the kit nacelles. I ran the wire and made two slits inside each wing half to rest the optic fiber and closed it up. I waited about a half hour and then I realized that I didn't install the main gear. luckily I forgot to cement the back part of the wing halves and the glue 2was just soft enough to let me force fit the gear assembly.

20200801_152041.jpg

So now I have the port gear ready to go in later and Ill ad all the out side bits after.

20200801_152050.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

They're twin 13 year olds and they have an 11 year old sister. They wont be able to work out anything untill they turn 40 I suppose. :ph:

My sympathies, been there, still doing that. I'm with Rex Harrison, "Why can't a woman be more like a man?".

Last edited:
I guess I am lucky in that my daughter has always been a lot like me in her thinking. Very logical and level headed. I remember her 8th grade graduation from the private school she attended. The other girls all seemed to be kind of flighty and girly while she seemed to be more mature and older than her age. She was always welcome to join me when my boss had parties at his house. Other kids were forbidden, but she was always welcome to join and behaved accordingly. It was because she behaved proper that she got to do so many things that other kids didn't get to.

Back