• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 German Sd.Kfz.250/3 Greif

:drinks Cheers!

Ok here is all the parts on, some are just blu taced so i can remove for a better go at the next spray session,
I had some success making the stored radio long arial upright, but I snapped the damned thing sandind down the top storage bracket :bang head also made a little ''donut'' so the Mg swivels, will apply after painting and intend to add a few extras when finished.

Still a bit of detail painting to go on some parts yet.

the light is weird on this pic, a bit green
DSC_1219cx.jpg~original

DSC_1215cx.jpg~original

DSC_1216cx.jpg~original

DSC_1214cx.jpg~original

DSC_1221cx.jpg~original

DSC_1213cx.jpg~original

Now I'm guessing that on a working tank/ halftrack, in the desert with gritty sand, tracks wouldn't have that rusty look
like those in France for example? and the general look would be dusty rather than (obviously!!) mud coated.

What I am doing with this next is spraying a light misty coat of Tamiya XF60 over the base Tamiya T/S 4, then take it from there.

and forgot to add the fuel can stack on the rear.....

That's just the base Ian, I'm really just guessing how this one would look - my first desert vehicle so it's a leaning curve

progress - decals on, flatcoat tomorrow, then final construction and onto the desert ''dusting''

DSC_1242dx.jpg~original

DSC_1237dx.jpg~original

DSC_1236dx.jpg~original

been playing around with a bit of tank tread on the front like this pic, just blu taced on

person_rommel65.jpg~original

Nordafrika_Rommel_im_Befehlsfahrzeug_Greifb.jpg~original

Nordafrika_Rommel_im_Befehlsfahrzeug_Greif.jpg~original

Thanks MP, ok here we go, just the figures to go now.

DSC_1260xf.jpg~original

DSC_1252xf.jpg~original

DSC_1255xf.jpg~original

DSC_1254xf.jpg~original

DSC_1258xf.jpg~original

DSC_1257xf.jpg~original

DSC_1268xf.jpg~original

DSC_1267xf.jpg~original

DSC_1266xf.jpg~original

DSC_1265xf.jpg~original

DSC_1264xf.jpg~original

DSC_1263xf.jpg~original

DSC_1270xf2000.jpg~original

Weathered the Greif with Tamiya weathering set, if I have any complaint about this kit it's Tamiya decals, just too thick backing film for this scale.

I made the Mg swivel with a small made up ''donut''glued on the long pin Tamiya provided on the Mg frame, just something I wanted to do.

I wanted the long Arial in the extended position, the first lot of pics show it not on, I do think the model looks much better with it extended.

Looks good, are you planning to do a pin wash on the details? That will make them stand out. (y)

That would be applying a thin wash of contrasting color around raised details and lines,makes them more lifelike. There have been several threads about the subject on the forum, I'll see if I can find a link. B)

Why thankyou so much for your very helpful comment Dave, maybe you will build a 48th one and show me how it's done with your expertise in modelling.

Back