• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109E-4

It's just gettin' better and better! :dude This is one of the nicest cammo schemes for the Bf 109, at least IMO, and you're doing it justice with a great paint job! (y)

Cheers and get'er done in time! B)
Fernao

I might actually get done before the deadline!! :yipee

The decals are almost finished, all that's left are some microscopic numbers along the bottom of the fuselage sides that I assume are the station numbers. Anyhoo's here's the damage done tonight.

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Go man Go!

I think those numbers are the A/C serial numbers on panels that are removable. That way they match back up with the original A/C. Someone check me on that, think I read that somewhere.

:pilot

Never saw anyone actually pull off this paint job before (y) Way to go !

Those are station numbers. Fuselage was assemble in two halves along the bottom .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys!

I just finished up the decals. All 18 sub microscopic station numbers are on. Even with 3X power magnification, I'm as crossed eyed as a billy goat eating poison ivy!

After a breather I may post some pics...... you can't see the damn things anyway.

Thanks guys!

I just finished up the decals. All 18 sub microscopic station numbers are on. Even with 3X power magnification, I'm as crossed eyed as a billy goat eating poison ivy!

After a breather I may post some pics...... you can't see the damn things anyway.
:rotf :rotf :rotf
:popcorn

All most there dollar you can't let the Spitfires get all the glory!! Looking good!!

Terry B)

Just GREAT!!!!! I've been crawling around on the floor for an hour trying to find a mass balance weight I dropped!! :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head .

Update forth coming! :vmad

Maybe that's the thing to do, build models while on the floor, part drops it doesn't have time to reach critical velocity to break the warp barrier.

Found it!! I stepped on it, and it had CAed itself to my foot. I didn't feel it till I gave up looking for it and went to get a Coke. I felt something stuck to mt toe as I sat back down, and there it was ..... glued to my foot!

It is now on the wing where it belongs, as is it's mate. The model is all but finished except for the canopy and antennae mast, I hope to get that painted and on this afternoon..

I have a few honey-dos to finish today so it may be later for pictures.

Stand by.................

Who's joking! I remember when I was a child doing this all the time, don't think I ever lost a part back then.

Gotta remember that Greg, check between the toes next time..check! :mpup

Back