• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109E-4

Re: Tamyia 1/48 Bf 109E-4

Man that's a funky scheme, almost looks like fish scales. How you going to pull that off Greg?

:popcorn

I hope to get that stipple effect with a combination of a sponge and some of those tiny little micro brushes kids use to clean around their dental braces. i have some practicing to do first, but that's the plan right now.

Re: Tamyia 1/48 Bf 109E-4

Yeah I was just going to say it looked like a sponge type application...looking forward to this!

The splinter camo going on now and getting some nice sun light to speed up the drying. I have to go back and touch up some over spray. Then it's on to the blue belly and sides in prep for the stippling.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Thanks guys!!! Well I finally manned up and went for the stippling. This is what I have to show from tonight session. There's a bit of touch up here and there but it'a all minor, I hit the tailplane strurs with my sponge a time or two but a dab of 65 on a brush will fix it.

Here's the pics.......What do ya'all think?
Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Greg, I think I would come back with a lighter sponging of the RLM 65, just to break up the darker some. I like it! got me wanting to try this (may get me back on aircraft and way from these dirty mud pushers):mpup

I know it looks a little dense in spots but the research tells me that as Wick was promoted his ground crew would just paint out the code on the fuselage side and paint on a new one in it's place.

See what I mean?
Bf109E4_Wick_GrKogelb_kl96.jpg

Picture.jpg

Besides.... I'm a little scared of screwing it up!! :sick:

Not an easy task gettin' that cammo scheme right... :huh: But it seems you're doing it really well! :dude This is one of my favorite WWII aircrafts and you chose a very nice one to build, so I'll just lay back, relax and :popcorn

All the luck to you, dollar!

Cheers and keep up the good work, dude! B)
Fernao

We're in the home stretch and as usual I'm bringing mine in at the last minute.

I'm now getting the first decals on so here's a little piccy of the first sessions results.

Picture-1.jpg

Back