• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Krupp Morser FInal KRUPPDATE!

Takom Krupp Morser UPDATE 7/22/17 Dirty!

Looking good Mike but it seems to be begging for a base now :tomato

Cheers, Christian B)

Takom Krupp Morser UPDATE 7/22/17 Dirty!

Looking good Mike but it seems to be begging for a base now :tomato

Cheers, Christian B)

h6f9cf73.jpg

I'll do one when you do... :fencing :tomato

Takom Krupp Morser UPDATE 10/28/18 The Base

Man, it's been a LONG time since I touched this one! The gun is mostly finished, just a few more worn spots to add once it's attached to the base.

I've been pondering what I wanted this to look like, I finally settled on a combination of a couple of the photos I've found.

hbb63586_2018-10-27.jpg

hadb4241.jpg

hed50f85.jpg

The base is a cork plant coaster from Lowe's that I painted flat black. Positioning the gun and some creature comforts to get an idea of the layout.

hc9af28d.JPG

I took the plunge and spread a layer of DAP DryDex spackling to make the ground coat. DryDex is pink out of the tub and dries white, funky huh?

h9dcf0eb.JPG

hfa90854.JPG

Sort of like a pink mud pie. It's pretty sticky at first, so I hit it with the blow dryer to firm it up enough to set the pieces. Once the impressions were in the spackle, I removed them so I can paint the base and add add vegetation. I used an old figure to make some foot prints too. :hmmm

The wooden "pallet" walk boards are made from coffee stir sticks and aged with Scenery Solutions Quick Age.

h3a453e3.JPG

I marked the position of each on the back, so they will hopefully fit back in the depression in the spackle. :coolio

By leaving the gun loose, I can always call it done if the base climbs into the hand basket. :rotf

More to come, thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Nicely done Mike! Live those Lowe's coasters- use them all the time for small vignettes and figures.

Thanks,guys! The base wasn't dry enough to paint over today. :idonno

This is gonna be close...

:frantic :frantic :frantic

At least the gun is done. :mpup

More to come, thanks for coming by.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. :notworthy So I spent the day at drag races yesterday, I decided to play hookey from adult stuff again today. :eek:hyeah

DryDex turned out to be a bad idea for base material, it took almost a week to dry and it's kind of crumbly at the edges. I had used lightweight patch material for a previous base with good results, guess I should have gone that way again. :unsure: Anyway, I'm moving forward with what I have.

I painted the whole base with Stynylrez Black, brought it in the house and hit it with Chelle's blow dryer. When that was dry, I applied a quick coat of Tamiya Flat Brown, allowing some of the black to show. Switching gears, I cleaned yet another set of tracks for my StuG while the base paint dried. :bang head Note to self, next time take photos here.

When the base paint was dry, I shot a very wet coat of very thin Vallejo Matte Varnish. Going straight to the bench, I started applying a mix of chopped hemp rope, Treemendous funky hair, oregano and leaves I made with my RP Toolz punches. Second note to self, pictures would have been really good here. :mpup

Once I got things where I wanted them, I positioned the gun, planks and baskets, using CA. I added some more leaves and hairs around the model. Hey, here's some photos!

h8acad63.JPG

h4a19247.JPG

he5d8f49.JPG

hf030aa0.JPG

The baskets are from TLAR Models and the damigiane is from Cix Models. There are some more details I want to add, but I won't get a chance to get back to the bench until next weekend. It's still gonna be close. :frantic

More to come, thanks for dropping by.

Takom Krupp Morser UPDATE 11/04/18 The Groundwork

Looks great Mike, dig the foot prints! Maybe some muddy foot prints on the planks?

Back