• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmi,Feb.09

The Zod

Tamiya Finnish StuG III G. The only PE on this is the missing screens. I will be replacing those crap kit logs with twigs. The paint job......... :bang head I have a set of Finnish colors from Lifecolor. However,the moss green and No.1 grey had gone solid on me. :idonno So the green and the sand gray are Tamiya mixes.

The brown is from that Lifecolor set. That did not go solid. I had to brush paint that on,as I am having an issue with my airbrush. No camo on the fighting compartment sides,as that will be covered by the logs. After I spray on some semi gloss clear for the decals and wash,I will touch up the road wheels with a black wash.

It has finally sunk in my stubborn head that my eyesight for painting fine detail is gone.

h1604a01.JPG

hf465525.JPG

hfaefeba.JPG

h5964c89.JPG

This is a test of a twig with a dark brown wash and the bark removed. A little too dark to my eyes.

h82a226e.JPG

Sturmi, the build.

Time for an Optivisor Chad. I've had one for 28 years and use it all the time. Makes a huge difference.

Tank is coming along quite nicely. Didn't know the Finnish had German armor though I did know they had aircraft. :hmmm

Sturmi, the build.

Time for an Optivisor Chad. I've had one for 28 years and use it all the time. Makes a huge difference.

Tank is coming along quite nicely. Didn't know the Finnish had German armor though I did know they had aircraft. :hmmm

I do wear my bifocals when modeling. I do need better lighting to see better.

Thanks. The Finns used Soviet and German armor during the war. The StuG's were used until 1966.

Sturmi, the build.

The rubber parts on the road wheels need a little touch up. I used an acrylic wash for them. Now,I am off to put on some Wilder brown filter.

h7b04e56.JPG

h1d2f344.JPG

h9aad586.JPG

h9dac934.JPG

Sturmi, Feb. 09.

So sorry for no updates. I was waiting to get into weather where it was above 40 F,and not real windy to spray the clear matte coat, Finally did yesterday in southern Virginia. To me,it still has just a bit of gloss to it. I applied full clear gloss. I should have used semi gloss.

I am going to try to use Vallejo light brown wash as a filter,thinned down of course. The logs will be given a light brown wash. I sprayed on black first,then a dark brown wash.

The rubber parts on the road wheels need touched up.
hf59bf77.JPG

h8e4e250.JPG

h531e03e.JPG

Back