• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'' Stubborn Emil resting '' - Trumpeter 1:35 Sture

Good day people ....

I have been working for this kit for quite some time now, it just got pushed back and back and finally managed to finished it.

I painted the entire thing in VMA German Grey. Since it was a mono-tone vehicle, I had a great time playing with the highlights and shadows.

The kit is build out of the box with the exception of the metal barrel, which was sourced from RB Model.

I bought a set of SPG rider crew from Mini-art and fixed the poses accordingly to fit on my Sturer Emil.

For the weathering, I wanted to show it used well enough but not entirely beat up so much from the Offensive during Operation Babarossa.

P1160690b.jpg

P1160692b.jpg

P1160700b.jpg

P1160699b.jpg

P1160687b.jpg

P1160688b.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/stubborn-emil-resting-trumpeter-135.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

Very nicely built! I see it is based on photographs after it was captured. Please note that some mistakes translating documents have caused this name, Sturer Emil to be given to the vehicle when it was never used.

Panzerjaeger-Abteilung (Sfl.) 521's commander, Oberleutnant Kurt Hildebrandt, relates that the two 12.8cm Sf. were called Max and Moritz by the troops.

Regards,

That's a vehicle I've never seen nor read about. Looks really contemporary (apart from the open fighting compartment). Great toning on the overall grey. Well done, sir.

Ian.

Very nicely built! I see it is based on photographs after it was captured. Please note that some mistakes translating documents have caused this name, Sturer Emil to be given to the vehicle when it was never used.

Panzerjaeger-Abteilung (Sfl.) 521's commander, Oberleutnant Kurt Hildebrandt, relates that the two 12.8cm Sf. were called Max and Moritz by the troops.

Regards,

Yeah .. what's the deal with that? is it Stuer Emil ? or was it never named and the only two was called Max and Moritz by the crew? This remind me of the confusion with the name Hetzer ....

Back